Ubisoft, a French-based gaming company, has announced that it will discontinue its online content for 15 of its game titles.
End of online service for old titles
Ubisoft has about its 15 online servicesEnds (invalidates) on September 1, local timeThatAnnounced。
The games announced this time are mainly released in the early 2010s, and these multiplayer modes and DLC will be unavailable. of course,You can continue to play offline content。
- Anno 2070
- Assassin’s Creed II
- Assassin’s Creed III
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation
- Driver: San Francisco
- Far Cry 3
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Oblivion
- Rayman Legends
- Silent Hunter 5
- Space Junkies
- Sprinter cell blacklist
- Zombi U
For the background of the termination, “By terminating the online service of some old games,You can focus your resources on providing a great experience for players playing new or popular titles.It is explained.
Precautions when playing titles that are no longer online
This isn’t the first time Ubisoft has terminated the online service of older games, and for titles that have been terminated so far.This pageIt is listed in.
In addition, please note the following points when playing offline content of titles whose online service has ended.
- Of the gameOffline features are unaffectedYou can play as it is
- Of the titles in the listUnits and challenges are also suspendedAnd even if you complete the challenge in the game, you will not be able to acquire units
- RewardsCan be unlocked,Cannot be received in-game
- When migrating from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect from 2020, if the saved game is not transferred, all benefits will be unlocked automatically when you start the game for the first time.
- Maps, skins, etc.Unlockable content(ULC) has been disabled, soWill not be available
- If you redeem ULC in the console, it will remain available unless you reset the saved game file.
As Ubisoft describes the 15 titles as older games, the number of players has decreased and the range of influence seems to be limited, but we have tried these titles in the past. For those who have been out, there will be something deeply emotional. Far Cry and Assassin’s Creed are full of offline content, so if you haven’t played it yet, please take the opportunity.