Svetlana Vos, a Ukrainian nutrition expert, spoke about the benefits of almonds, as they stimulate the heart and maintain the health of blood vessels, and being one of the nuts, it provides the body with energy. You produce fats in your body.
Disadvantages of unheated almonds
Almonds contain cyanoglycoside amygdalin (particularly bitter almonds), whose decomposition gives almonds its distinct bitter smell and taste, and when this substance is permeated, it may give a group of toxins that affect your health negatively. Therefore, untreated almonds should not be eaten to prevent exposure to cardiovascular diseases.
The right amount of almonds per day
According to Dr. Svetlana Vos, it is possible to eat no more than 30 grams of nuts per day, and she added, “The nuts are distinguished by the ability to preserve them over a long period without losing their beneficial properties and delicious taste, and therefore they can be eaten during long flights, and in cases where there is no possibility to eat a full meal.” .
Almond benefits for the body
Almonds, being one of the nuts, give a range of health benefits, but to obtain them, almonds must be treated with heat first, in order not to be exposed to the toxins in it. The benefits of almonds are as follows:
Almond benefits for skin
- Maintains improving skin health and getting rid of white heads in the skin.
- It gets rid of dry skin and blackheads as well as acne in the skin.
- It gets rid of dark circles under the eyes and pigmentation on the skin.
Almond benefits for hair
- It eliminates dry hair and wrinkles.
- It gets rid of dandruff in the scalp and stimulates the circulation of blood in the scalp.
- It maintains the length and density of the hair and makes it soft and also gets rid of hair frizz.
- Almonds reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the body and maintain the level of good cholesterol.
- It contains a sufficient amount of unsaturated fats and proteins as well.
- It helps to reach the degree of satiety quickly, which reduces the desire to have meals and thus prevents rapid weight gain.