“There is not a single military man who can say that he received a bad example from me or
undue insinuation, and I believe I am one of the Colombians, who as Governor
and President, more has spoken with members of the Armed Forces, “said former President Álvaro Uribe Vélez.
(Can read: Farc accept the accusation of the JEP)
His statement came Thursday at a time when the country is painfully surprised by the information that the killings against defenseless civilians known as false positives were three times more than previously believed.
Indeed, the JEP established that at least 6,402 people were killed illegitimately to be presented as combat casualties throughout the national territory between 2002 and 2008. This is about three times the figure that the jurisdiction received when it began to investigate this phenomenon.
The former president, for his part, said in a statement: “They also accuse me with the issue” Uribe harassed a lot “, what if no, I harassed the engineers to advance the Valle del Cauca Road Network as well as the Forces Armed to guarantee peace of mind to citizens. The drive for efficiency is no excuse for breaking the law. Inaction would have spared me prosecution, but terrorism would have come close to taking power. “
“The Democratic Security became unobjectionable as it proved that
protected all Colombians regardless of consideration other than that of
be a citizen, “he explained.
“The opposition had the same protection as those closest to the government.
above removed arguments against that policy, but not resigned
came to discredit her, some from the institutions with crimes and others
from the counterpart with false accusations that today also affect many
innocent soldiers, “he said.
(Don’t miss out on reading: The 3 students who have the position of the Interior Minister in check speak)
follow us on @PoliticaET