Looks like we won’t have to wait too long to check out Apple’s new AirPods. In recent days, rumors about the new generation of wireless headphones have multiplied. Photos even leaked this week. Let’s recap everything we know for now.
In the news: a new rumor appeared this week following the publication of an article by theChinese website 52Audio. The site has indeed published photos of the new generation of AirPods, Apple’s wireless headphones. In addition to the headphones, we can see the new charging box in the photos.
Admittedly, the 52Audio leaks have not always proven to be accurate. But this time, their information matches previous rumors that circulated on the web.
What can we expect from AirPods 3?
- Many different sources confirmed last year that the AirPods 3 will look like the AirPods Pro in appearance. Compared to their predecessors, the AirPods 1 and 2, therefore, they would have a short shaft and silicone tips.
- On the other hand, the charging case looks like that of the basic versions of AirPods. In the photos of 52Audio, it looks a bit more angular than that of the AirPods Pro.
- We already know a lot about the appearance of AirPods 3. However, with regard to their functionalities, we are on the speculative.
- According to 52Audio, the AirPods 3 are equipped with some kind of pressure reducing system that should equalize the pressure in the ear to the pressure outside the ear. The goal was to avoid earache with prolonged use. The same system is already used on AirPods Pro which, as we recall, are more expensive.
- The ambient noise reduction already present on Pro versions will not be present on future AirPods.
- As for the AirPods 3 battery, it would last around 5 hours when fully charged. Apple also seems to have done its utmost to extend its lifespan.
When will AirPods hit the market?
Once again, when it comes to the release date of the AirPods 3, we are still in pure speculation. Apple has not yet given a date.