Swift Playgrounds 4.1 for iPad and Mac is here
Swift Playgrounds is an app that makes learning to code and building real apps fun. Solve interactive puzzles in the guided lesson Get Started with Code and learn the basics of app development in Get Started with Apps. You experiment with a variety of challenges that give you unique programming experiences.
Version 4.1 of Swift Playgrounds is now available for download for iPad and Mac. It says so in the release notes for the Mac version
Swift Playgrounds 4.1 includes new features, content, and bug fixes. New features include:
- Develop Mac apps with SwiftUI (requires macOS 12.4 or later).
- Learn the basics of SwiftUI app development with step-by-step instructions.
- The app preview shows your app changes live.
- Apps created with Swift Playgrounds install and run in the Applications folder.
- The App Store Connect integration lets you upload your finished app to the App Store (Apple Developer Program account required).
- Smart inline code suggestions help you code quickly and accurately.
- The project-wide search function finds results in multiple files.
- The code snippets library includes hundreds of SwiftUI controls, icons, and colors.
- With support for Swift packages, you can include public code to optimize your apps.
- App projects make it easy to move projects to Xcode and vice versa.