John Lennon’s widow, Yoko Ono, left the management of some of the companies and societies he founded after the assassination of the legendary member of the Beatles. Large parts of business will now be managed by your son sean, 45 years old.
The 87-year-old Japanese artist has been the head of at least eight companies linked to her work as a sculptor or the legacy of the iconic British rock band for decades.. However, as sources from his environment have assured to the newspaper Daily MirroA, at the moment her increasing physical problems force her to spend most of her time at home.
Yoko Ono has been managing John’s $ 800 million fortune since his assassination on December 8, 1980.. Now he named his son as the director of eight companies linked to the family and The Beatles according to The Mirror, including the multimedia Apple Corps.
Apple Corps had reported assets of $ 36 million last year, and Sean is expected to take over Lensolo as well, managing copyright to record material his father recorded solo, and Subafilms, a music film company.
Yoko Ono has not been seen in public for over a year and now uses a wheelchair most of the time on the rare occasions when she leaves her home in New York.
“She continues to oversee John’s estate, but has decided that Sean will be appointed as director to assist her when necessary.“Said a spokesperson for the artist to the aforementioned medium.
It must be remembered that, just a few months ago, Yoko Ono interviewed Paul McCartney in the face of a special on the life and work of John Lennon, who would have turned 80 on October 8 in this turbulent 2020.
On what would have been John’s 80th birthday last month, Sean made a BBC documentary and Apple Music show to mark the occasion. Yoko only tweeted a video in which she appeared to be reading a script.
In one of her last public appearances in 2017, Yoko Ono said: “I have learned a lot from having this disease,” without revealing details of the disease that afflicts her. In February 2016, she was hospitalized after suffering a stroke, but later she denied it, saying it was a bad flu.
John also had a son, Julian, with his first wife Cynthia, but the couple had a strained relationship. The Beatle frequently described their first child as unplanned, saying that “Came from a bottle of whiskeyWhile Sean was a “planned kid.” He even left music for several years after Sean’s birth, but in Julian’s early life, he was almost absent.
The singer created a trust for Julian to receive £ 100,000 when he turned 21, but had to split it equally with any of John’s other future children.
Julian, now 57, was excluded from John’s will, with Yoko and Sean being the main beneficiaries of his reported $ 200 million at the time of his death.
In 1996, Julian sued his father’s estate and, after a lengthy court battle, settled with Yoko for $ 25 million, although he has denied the figure. He says the relationship with Yoko has improved in recent years and they appeared at an exhibition together, along with Sean, in 2010.
Yoko Ono still lives in the same nine-room Dakota building in New York where John was eight-shot dead by Mark Chapman.
Chapman said he killed Lennon because he was seeking glory and that he deserved the death penalty for his “ruthless” act. These statements were made last October in response to questions asked by a parole commission, which denied him parole for the 11th time. As in past hearings, the now 65-year-old inmate expressed remorse for gunning down the former Beatle. Is fulfilling its at Wende Correctional Facility, east of Buffalo. Every year that he asks for his parole he is denied it.
“I deserve zero, nothing. Back then it deserved the death penalty. When you intentionally plan to murder someone and you know it is wrong and you do it for yourself, that is a death penalty right there in my opinion, ”he declared.
By denying him parole, the commission said Chapman committed a “vile act “ and that your statement that the “infamy gives you glory”Was disturbing.
Chapman will again be eligible for parole in August 2022.