The United States basketball team fell 83-76 to France for the first round of Group A, in Saitama.
The NBA stars did not have the expected debut at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Team USA lost 83-76 to France for the first date of Group A, at the Saitama Super Arena. The North American team dominated much of the match, but the Gauls ended up with the victory from the mano of Evan Fournier, player of the Boston Celtics.
United States dominated the first half of the match and he went to rest in advantage with a score of 45-37. However, France reacted in the third quarter and came last up 62-56. Already at the end, the meeting became very even and in the absence of a few seconds Evan Fournier (figure of the game with 28 points, 4 rebounds and one assist) He hit a triple key to direct the victory of the Europeans.
On the side of Team USA, the most prominent were Jrue Holiday with 18 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists; as well as Bam Adebayo, who was dispatched with a double-double made up of 12 points and 10 rebounds.
This way, the national team led by Gregg Popovich began his journey with the left foot in search of the fourth consecutive gold medal. Since the Olympic Games allowed the participation of professional players in Barcelona 1992, six golds have been hung. The Athens 2004 edition was the only time they did not succeed. Prior to the arrival of the professionals, they climbed to the top of the podium nine times.
The 12 NBA stars who are in the Olympics, one by one:
- Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets)
- Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat)
- Keldon Johnson (San Antonio Spurs)
- Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns)
- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Draymond Green (Los Angeles Lakers)
- Jrue Holiday (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
- JaVale McGee (Denver Nuggets)
- Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls)
- Jerami Grant (Detroit Pistons)
Coach: Gregg Popovich.
Team USA’s schedule at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
The United States is part of Group A along with Iran, France and the Czech Republic. Know when he plays again.
- 07/28 01.40 United States vs. Iran
- 07/31 09.00 United States vs. Czech Republic
It may interest you