Italy’s Francesco Bagnaia, enjoying the power of his Ducati on the Mugello’s fast circuit, dominated the first two free practice sessions of the Italian MotoGP Grand Prix, the 6th round of the MotoGP season, on Friday.
Spaniard Alex Rins (Suzuki) at 071/1000 and Italian Franco Morbidelli (Yamaha-SRT) at 184/1000 complete the Top 3 of this first day.
Frenchman Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha), world championship leader one point ahead of Bagnaia, is 4th at 225/1000.
Note also the two official KTMs of South African Brad Binder and Portuguese Miguel Oliveira, 5th at 289/1000 and 6th at 437/1000.
Winner of the last two races, the Australian Jack Miller (Ducati) is 10th at 541/1000.
Frenchman Johann Zarco (Ducati-Pramac), Spanish Joan Mir (Suzuki), defending champion, his compatriot Marc Marquez, six times titled in the premier class, and Italian national hero Valentino Rossi (Yamaha-SRT) are relegated out of the Top 10.
If things stayed that way after Free Practice 3 on Saturday at 07.55 GMT, they would have to go through the qualifying draft at 12:10.
. Combined classification of the first two MotoGP free practice sessions of the Italian Grand Prix on the Mugello circuit (5,245 km):
1. Francesco Bagnaia (ITA / Ducati) 1: 46.147
2. Alex Rins (ESP/Suzuki) à 0.071
3. Franco Morbidelli (ITA / Yamaha-SRT) 0.184
4. Fabio Quartararo (FRA / Yamaha) 0.225
5. Brad Binder (RSA/KTM) 0.289
6. Miguel Oliveira (POR/KTM) 0.437
7. Takaaki Nakagami (JPN / Honda-LCR) 0.446
8. Maverick Vinales (ESP/Yamaha) 0.446
9. Aleix Espargaro (ESP / Aprilia) 0.508
10. Jack Miller (AUS / Ducati) 0.541
11. Johann Zarco (FRA / Ducati-Pramac) 0.655
12. Joan Mir (ESP / Suzuki) 0.700
13. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 0.826
21. Valentino Rossi (ITA / Yamaha-SRT) 1,572