Here are the five key points of the weekly indicators of Bank Al-Maghrib (BAM), for the period from 12 to 18 November 2020:
– The dirham appreciated by 0.59% against the US dollar and depreciated by 0.22% against the euro, during the period from 12 to 17 November 2020.
– As of November 13, 2020, the outstanding official reserve assets stood at MAD 291.4 billion (MMDH), down 0.4%, from one week to the next, and up 22 , 6% year-on-year.
– The Central Bank injected a total of 105 billion dirhams, including 41.3 billion dirhams in the form of 7-day advances on call for tenders, 26.5 billion dirhams in the form of repo transactions, 31.9 billion dirhams in the framework of support programs for the financing of the TPME and 5.3 billion dirhams for currency swap operations.
– On the interbank market, the average daily volume of trade, during the period from 12 to 17 November, stood at 5.3 billion dirhams and the interbank rate was located during this period at 1.5% in average.
– On the stock market, the MASI appreciated by 1.4%, reducing its underperformance since the start of the year to 11.9%.