Binance immediately lists new Uniswap token as excitement builds

Undeterred by the controversy over its SushiSwap listing, Binance has already announced its support for the new Uniswap token about an hour after its announcement.

The governance protocol token of the decentralized finance platform (DeFi), UNI, was enabled on Ethereum (ETH) about 90 minutes ago.

Over the next four years, 1 billion UNI tokens will be released incrementally, with 15% immediately released to previous users of the platform. In total, 60% will go to community members, while the remaining 40% will go to team members, investors and advisors with an award period of up to 4 years.

The official announcement said that UNI would ensure that Uniswap is community-led and self-sustaining:

“The introduction of UNI (ERC-20) serves this purpose, enabling shared community ownership and a vibrant, diverse and dedicated governance system that will actively guide the protocol into the future.”

Binance was quick to promote the announcement, stating that it will open trading on UNI / BTC, UNI / BNB, UNI / BUSD, and UNI / USDT trading pairs on September 17 at 3AM UTC. The deposits are already open, however, he warned:

UNI is a new token that presents a higher risk than normal and as such will likely be subject to high price volatility. Make sure you exercise sufficient risk management, have done your own research on the fundamentals of UNI, and fully understand the project before opting to trade. “

This news is still in development …

Keep reading:

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.