The Season 4 of Shadowlands will start next week. In an article posted online a few moments ago, Blizzard details the content that will be available during this one. Find it now below.
Season 4 of Shadowlands features eight dungeons from past expansions, new seasonal rewards, all-new affixes, and fantastic rewards. Keep reading to find out more!
The power of the Founders has affected all of Shadowland since the great battle of Zereth Mortis. The raids you know, and the rewards they provide, have been bolstered by his influence. Each week, one of the three raids of Shadowlands and associated non-instance bosses (Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, or Founder’s Sepulcher) will become fateful. Non-instance bosses associated with raids Shadowlands are :
- Valinor, the Light of the Aeons
- Oranomonos the Thousand Branches
- Nurgash Fangeformed
A fateful week of Castle Nathria will spawn only one of these bosses.
Saint of Domination
- Mor’geth, Tormentor of the Damned
Sepulcher of the Founders
How do Fate Raids work?
Each week will turn a different raid into the fateful raid. You can join a fateful raid on any difficulty (Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic, or Mythic). The classic version of a raid is not available while it is fateful, and you will have to wait until the following week for the fateful status to be applied to another raid. Plan your attempts at transmogs and achievements well.
In fateful raids, the stats of enemies and bosses are readjusted. The goal is not to force you to relearn everything from scratch, but to offer you a solid challenge without being insurmountable if you already know the course of the raid.
Each boss has been assigned a unique fateful power from a list of four. This power changes with each boss and each week to challenge your raid groups. You can thus win fateful infusions, powerful temporary auras. The rewards earned from defeating a boss in a fateful raid differ depending on the difficulty level. You can get the following items:
- Raid Tools: 265-272
- Normal : 278-285
- Heroic: 291-297
- Mythic: 304-311
All gear obtained in Fate Raids can be converted into pieces of armor at the Catalyst of Creation.
Enigmatic Cartel Dinars
Shadowlands Season 4 lets you encounter a trio of suspicious NPCs near the Great Vault. The latter offer for sale several objects related to the three raids of Shadowlands : jewelry, weapons and special items from all three raids. All items will be the same price: get them in exchange for a enigmatic cartel dinar. You can get Enigmatic Cartel Dinars in any Season 4 Fate Raid, by completing the required three-part quest. But be careful, you can only get three Enigmatic Cartel Dinars during the whole season.
When you’ve spent your last dinar, the NPCs will leave town and take their finds with them. The items they sell are, like all Season 4 items, fateful Normal level 278-285, depending on the item.
Heroic and Mythic Item Upgrades
The quality of items earned in raids increases with difficulty. In Season 4, defeating bosses on Heroic or Mythic difficulty will earn you mysterious ancient secret codes (Heroic) or mysterious ancient secret codes (Mythical). Combine 20 secret codes to upgrade a piece of equipment to its Heroic or Mythic version.
Unlike the enigmatic Cartel Dinar, you won’t need to complete a quest to get the secret codes; you can get them from the start of Season 4 by defeating bosses. You will therefore be able to reap the fruits of your efforts from the start. Secret Codes can be used to upgrade all items marked “fatal,” including those purchased from the shady vendors mentioned above.
Fate Raid Rewards
You can get new rewards by completing the following Feats of Strength during Season 4:
- Shadowlands Fate Raids – Complete all three Fate Raids on Normal difficulty.
- Reward: Mount Mr. Tremblote
- Heroic: Shadowlands Fate Raids – Complete all three Fate Raids on Heroic difficulty.
- Reward: Title “Hero of Fatality”
- Mythic: Shadowlands Fate Raids – Complete all three Fate Raids on Mythic difficulty.
- Reward: Three teleports to each Shadowlands raid zone for the character who completed the achievement.
New dungeon rotation
A new rotation of Mythic+ Dungeons is coming in Season 4. New Keystone Keys unlocked in Shadowlands Dungeons will grant access to the following dungeons:
- Tazavesh: Streets of Wonders (Expansion Shadowlands)
- Tazavesh: So’leah’s Scheme (Expansion) Shadowlands)
- Operation Mechagon: The Heist (Expansion Battle for Azeroth™)
- Operation Mechagon: Workshop (Extension Battle for Azeroth™)
- Return to Karazhan: Bottom (Expansion Legion™)
- Return to Karazhan: Summit (Extension Legion™)
- Grimrail Depot (Warlords of Draenor™)
- Que de Fer (extension Warlords of Draenor™)
New Mythic Dungeon Affix: Disguise
Nathrezim have infiltrated the dungeons disguising themselves as common enemies. Stay alert to spot any flaws in their costume. If you manage to defeat impostors, a member of the Ta Cartel will come and capture them and offer you several bounties in exchange to increase a secondary stat of your choice. You will also receive a quick bounty that will boost your life and mana.
You can get the following rewards by completing Keystone Dungeons in Season 4:
- Shadowlands Mythic Conqueror: Season 4 – Achieve a Mythic+ rank of at least 1500 during Shadowlands Season 4.
- Reward: title “The Shadow”.
- Mythic Master of Shadowlands: Season 4 – Achieve a Mythic+ rank of at least 2000 during Shadowlands Season 4.
- Reward: Restoration Deathwalker Mount
- Mythic Hero: Iron Dock / Grimrail Depot / Return to Karazhan / Operation Mechagon / Tazavesh, the Hidden Market – Complete Season 4 dungeons on Mythic level 20 or higher within the time limit.
- Reward: Teleports to dungeons for completed dungeons.
- Heroic Shadow: Shadowlands Season 4 – Complete Mythic+ Season 4 of Shadowlands with a Mythic+ rank in the top 0.1% of players in your region.
- Reward: Title “The Heroic Shadow”.
New PvP Season
The new PvP season will allow all heroes of Azeroth to try their luck and cover themselves in glory in the Arena or on the battlegrounds. The maximum item level for Honor and Conquest gear has been changed.
Honor Gear (Eternal Fighter)
|Level of improvement||Item level||PvP Item Level|
Conquest Gear (Eternal Gladiator)
|Scoring requirements||Cote||Item level||PvP Item Level|
|1 000||Fighter I||278||291|
|1 200||Fighter II||281||294|
|1 400||Competitor I||285||298|
|1 600||Competitor II||288||301|
|1 800||Rival I||291||304|
|1 950||Rival II||294||307|
Rewards: Title and Mount
If you complete the Eternal Gladiator: Shadowlands Season 4 Feat of Strength at the end of the season, you will receive the Eternal Gladiator’s Soul Eater mount and the Eternal Gladiator title. Additionally, you can obtain a new mount – the Vicious War Stalker – by participating in PvP matches (Arenas or Rated Battlegrounds).
- Legendary ranks?
- There will be no new Legendary Rank for Season 4.
- Artisan brands?
- There will be no new Craftsman Mark for Season 4.
- Intermediate ?
- There will be no new Intermediates or Intermediate upgrades for Season 4.
- The sockets?
- Sockets are obtained the same way as in Season 3.
- Mythical keys?
- As in previous Seasons, Mythic Dungeon Keys obtained from the Grand Vault in the first week of the Season will be at a lower level than usual to prepare you for the new challenge.
- Raid shortcuts?
- All raid shortcuts you have unlocked in Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Founder’s Sepulcher will be available to you in Fate versions of those raids.
- Grand Vault Raid Loot?
- Grand Vault raid rewards will depend on all Fateful bosses you have defeated during the entire Season, regardless of the current Fateful raid.
For Season 4, we mostly wanted to focus on new gear and the transformed dungeon and raid experience, as well as PvP. Modifying Shadowlands’ already known systems would, in our opinion, defeat this purpose, so we’ve decided not to modify these systems so that you can fully enjoy the experience.
To finish beautifully
Season 4 was a unique opportunity for the WoW development team to attempt experimental changes that would have been too unstable for a regular season. We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we enjoy developing it. See you soon in the afterlife!