Several service establishments will take a break during the long weekend of 1is July. Here is a list of what will be open and closed in Quebec for National Moving Day and Canada Day.
- Small businesses (butchers, fruit stores, grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.);
- The restaurants;
- Petrol stations;
- The Biodome, the Botanical Garden and the Planetarium of Montreal;
- Most branches of the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ);
- Waste collection follows the usual schedule in Montreal;
- Montreal ecocentres;
- Several bus and train schedules have changed. We invite you to consult the website of the transport service you use for more details.
- Shops and large shopping centers;
- Banks and cash registers (closed on 1is and July 2);
- Federal points of service, such as passport offices or Service Canada centers (closed on 1is and July 2);
- Provincial points of service, such as the offices of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (closed on 1is and July 2);
- Libraries (closed on 1is July; some are also on July 2);
- Canada Post offices (closed on 1is and open on July 2). Mail collection and delivery are also affected.