“Completely off the table” – David Alaba is enough for FC Bayern

Sport negotiations

“Completely off the table” – Alaba is enough for Bayern

Status: 09:28 a.m. | Reading time: 2 minutes

Bayern withdraws offer for David Alaba

Bang! FC Bayern Munich withdraws the offer to extend the contract with David Alaba. Last week, coach Hansi Flick had clearly spoken out in favor of staying.

Defender David Alaba has been playing poker for a contract with Bayern Munich for months. Now the club is setting a high public profile. For now. A press conference on Monday is eagerly awaited.

Dhe successful period of David Alaba and FC Bayern Munich could be drawing to a close. After the German record champions withdrew the offer for an extension of the contract, which ended on June 30, 2021, at the weekend, the personnel around the Austrian international is more exciting than ever. With a short break in 2011, Alaba has been playing for Munich since 2008 – and is an undisputed top performer in central defense under coach Hansi Flick.

After the Alaba side was not satisfied with the Bayern offer, “we decided to take the offer off the table completely. That means there is no longer any offer, ”said Bayern President Herbert Hainer on Sunday evening on BR television.

The 66-year-old, once head of the global company Adidas, now sees the defender’s turn. “David is still under contract with us for eight months and we really appreciate him,” said Hainer. Now Alaba and its advisor have to position themselves.

Bavaria President Herbert Hainer

Source: dpa / Sven Hoppe

Just before the Champions League game on Tuesday in Alaba’s home country Austria at RB Salzburg, the fuss about the contract situation is particularly explosive. The 28-year-old is expected at the press conference with Flick the day before the game on Monday.

Memories of Kroos are awakened

They have already proven in the past that the Munich stars do not want to hold on at any price. In 2014 Bayern let Toni Kroos go to Real Madrid in order to collect a transfer fee after the failed negotiations. For the former DFB captain Michael Ballack, CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge publicly withdrew a lucrative offer before he switched to Chelsea in the summer of 2006 – and for it earned cheers from many members at the annual general meeting. Is there now also a separation at Alaba?

also read

Gerd Müller at one of his last public appearances in May 2013 at Bayern Munich's home game against FC Augsburg

Most recently, sports director Hasan Salihamidzic had emphasized that they did not want to give the Austrian “an ultimatum” for a decision. Now Hainer surprised with the statement that they wanted to have clarity and an answer “by the end of October”, “because we also want to have planning security for such an important position and personnel, we owe that to the club and the fans”.

Hainer let it be known that the succession is now being approached. “Of course, we also have to plan for the future. I want to say again that we really appreciate David, he is a lovely guy, he is the crowd favorite, he is FC Bayern Munich’s own generation, and that’s why we would be so sorry if we went our separate ways at the end of the season have to, ”said Hainer.

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.