Due to poor air quality, the Phase 1 of Environmental Contingency in the Metropolitan Area of the Valley of Mexicoso there will be vehicle traffic restrictionsbetter known as “double Today No Circulation“, It is Saturday May 21, 2022.
The Megalopolis Environmental Commission reports that at 3:00 p.m. today, maximum ozone concentrations were recorded that exceeded 154 ppb at the Cuajimalpa (160 ppb) and Santa Fe (157 ppb) monitoring stations, both in the Cuajimalpa de Morelos Mayor’s Office.
What cars will not circulate on Saturday, May 21, 2022 for the “double Hoy No Circula”?
Tomorrow, Saturday, May 21, they must suspend their circulation from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., for the “double Today No Circulation”the following vehicles:
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram 2.
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram 1
- Vehicles for private use with “0 and 00” verification hologram, yellow gummed, 5 and 6 plate finish.
- Vehicles for private use with foreign registration that do not have a vehicle verification hologram will be considered as hologram Two.
- Restriction to the circulation of 50% of the LP gas distribution units to stationary tanks that do not have a dry disconnection valve, whose license plate termination is PAR.
- Local or federal cargo vehicles stop circulating between 6:00 and 10:00 a.m., with the exception of those that are in the Self-regulation Program of the CDMX or Edomex.
- Taxis with a verification hologram “1” or “2” that must stop circulating in accordance with the provisions indicated in subparagraphs a) and b) will be restricted from circulating from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
What cars are exempt from the “double Hoy No Circula” on Saturday, May 21, 2022?
- Electric and hybrid vehicles, in addition, those with an ecological license plate or exempt type hologram.
- Vehicles that carry a hologram “00” o “0” whatever its use, with the exception of vehicles with rubberized yellow, plate finish 5 and 6.
- Vehicles for private use destined in clear and urgent circumstances, to attend to a medical emergency (includes vehicles with people who attend the COVID-19 vaccination and who carry an appointment sheet).
- Vehicles for the private use of workers in the health sector in all its specialties, paramedical and administrative with valid credentials.
- Taxis can circulate from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on days that are restricted by the Hoy No Circula Program, regardless of the hologram they carry, in order to support the mobility of the population
- Urban service vehicles, intended to provide emergency services, medical emergencies, health, public safety, firefighters, rescue, civil protection, environmental surveillance.
- School and staff transportation vehicles that meet current vehicle verification specifications and have the corresponding hologram and authorization.
- Vehicles intended for funeral processions and transportation of funeral services, which have a valid verification hologram.
- Vehicles for people with disabilities that have the Permit to exempt the Hoy No Circula for Disability, the Hologram of Disability, or plate for people with disabilities according to the corresponding entity.
- Transportation of waste and hazardous materials that have the corresponding authorization, except vehicles that transport fuels (gasoline, diesel and LP gas).
- Vehicles identified with a public passenger and tourism service circulation card (vans, minibuses and buses) with a federal or local license plate, which comply with current verification provisions.
- Vehicles that are part of the Paisano Program and carry the corresponding authorization.
- Vehicles that transport merchandise or perishable products in units with refrigeration systems, as well as concrete mixing units.
Recommendations, by Phase 1 of Environmental Contingency in the Valley of Mexico
- Avoid doing civic, cultural and recreational activities, as well as avoiding exercising outdoors between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Suspend any outdoor activity organized by public or private institutions, between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- It is recommended to postpone outdoor, sporting, cultural events or massive shows, scheduled between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- It is recommended not to smoke, especially in closed spaces.
It is recommended:
- Facilitate and continue remote work to reduce travel and online shopping and errands to reduce travel.
- Avoid the use of flavorings, aerosols, paints, waterproofing or products that contain solvents.
- Refuel after 6:00 p.m. and before 10:00 a.m.; do not add more fuel after the filler gun lock is released.
- Check and repair leaks in domestic gas installations.
- Reduce the use of fuels at home, shortening the shower time to a maximum of five minutes and when cooking, use containers with lids.