The Consulate General of Spain in Bogotá announced, through a statement, that new rules of temporary restriction will be applied to the entry into Spain of travelers from various countries, among which are Colombia.
The Order of the Ministry of the Interior INT / 790/2021, published in the Official State Gazette on July 24, maintains that this measure was adopted on the occasion of the health crisis caused by COVID-19.
🔊 Published the Order @sanitygob that establishes mandatory quarantine for travelers on flights from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia and Namibia.
– Ministry of Health (@sanidadgob) July 24, 2021
This new measure will take effect from July 27 for countries considered high risk for Spain: Argentina, Bolivia, Namibia and Colombia. Although the order is expected to be valid for 14 days, it could be postponed.
According to the Order, the decision is adopted after an analysis of indicators corresponding to certain countries, which revealed a “very unfavorable evolution in its epidemiological situation”. Thus, it maintains that, faced with this situation, “it advises the adoption of extraordinary measures to the persons who come from them, in order to identify possible imported cases and limit the uncontrolled dissemination from them.”
The document adds that the “high accumulated incidences, the positivity rate, the rate of diagnostic tests, the rate of the vaccinated population, the response capacities as contemplated in the International Health Regulations, the information on the circulation have been taken into account. of variants of special concern identified in those countries and the number of sequencing carried out, as well as the high number of flights and people from some of them “.
It should be noted that the general restriction of entry for reasons of order and public health will have the following exceptions, which must be accredited to the immigration officer to carry out the entry control at the destination airport:
- Spanish citizens, duly documented with a valid passport or safe conduct.
- Foreign spouse of a Spanish citizen, accompanying him or meeting him, as long as he proves said condition through the Family Book, marriage registration certificate in the Spanish Civil Registry, or Colombian marriage certificate apostilled.
- Domestic partner of a Spanish citizen, accompanying him or meeting him, as long as he proves said condition by means of a certificate of the registration of the domestic partner relationship in a Spanish or Colombian public registry, in the latter case apostilled.
- Direct descendants under the age of 21 of the Spanish citizen, his foreign spouse or his duly registered domestic partner, provided that they accompany him or meet him, and prove the kinship relationship through the Family Book, birth registration certificate in the Spanish Civil Registry, or Colombian birth certificate apostilled.
- Foreign citizens residing in Spain and other countries of the European Union, as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Holy See and Switzerland, who go to those countries, duly documented with a valid residence card.
- Holders of a long-term visa issued by Spain or another member state of the European Union, as well as by Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, who go to those countries.
- Transportation personnel, seafarers and aeronautical personnel necessary to carry out air transport activities.
- Diplomatic, consular, international organizations, military, civil protection and members of humanitarian organizations, in the exercise of their functions.