Dialogue – The PRM never entered the room

A disagreement between the Dominican Liberation Party (PLD) and the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) annihilated yesterday the dialogue of the Economic and Social Council (CES) that would take place at the Pontifical Catholic University Mother and Teacher (PUCMM) and that seeks to reinforce the credibility of the Central Electoral Board (JCE).

Both Temístocles Montás, president of the PLD and José Paliza, president of the PRM, had assured that the suspension of the dialogue had occurred to integrate the young people who were protesting around the place and asking for participation in the debate. However, the reason had been different.

Minutes later, Montás would write on his Twitter account that CES was waiting for the PRM for two hours and they did not attend the dialogue room, although they did attend the university’s facilities.

“The meeting is postponed at CES. We emphasize that the PLD accepts any sector that wants to participate, including young people, and we agree that it will be broadcast live. As comrade José Ramón Peralta said, we want this dialogue to be open and transparent, ”tweeted the president of the ruling party.

Paliza was quick to respond through the same social network and accused the PLD of not wanting any kind of dialogue.

“Everything indicates that you do not want dialogue, they incidents leading to the Dominican Revolutionary Party (PRD) that was not invited. In the Dominican Republic there will be elections on the 15th, the people want to express themselves, ”said the president of the PRM.

Suspended without date

The CES dialogue was suspended without setting a date for the call. CES was headed by Monsignor Agripino Núñez Collado, the president of the National Council of Private Enterprise (CONEP), Pedro Brache; the president of the Dominican Association of Teachers (ADP), Xiomara Guante; the Administrative Minister of the Presidency, José Ramón Peralta; the Minister of Interior and Police, Ramón (Monchy) Fadul; the executive vice president of the Dominican Corporation of State Electric Companies (CDEEE), Rubén Bichara; Tourism Minister Francisco Javier García and Senate President Reinaldo Pared Pérez.

For the Dominican Revolutionary Party were Foreign Minister Miguel Vargas Maldonado, the Dominican Ambassador to Italy, Peggy Cabral and the Minister of Women, Janet Camilo. In addition, there was the executive director of Citizen Participation, Carlos Pimentel, among others.

The presidential candidate of the People’s Force, Leonel Fernández, opposes the mediation of CES.

CHRONO
February 16

The national dialogue is seen as a necessity, due to the political and institutional crisis that exists in the country since the municipal elections were suspended on February 16, after the automated voting system collapsed within hours of starting the process of vote.

March 15

After massive protests of young people in the Plaza de la Bandera, in front of the JCE, and several cities in the country and abroad, asking for the resignation of the members of that institution, the investigation of what happened and those guilty for the good of the democracy, the JCE called extraordinary municipal elections on the 15th of this month.

May 17

The situation has generated a credibility crisis of the JCE and the government, so sectors warn that if an agreement between the political leadership is not sought, this year’s elections would be jeopardized.

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.