APresident Donald Trump has also heard that Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan are said to have moved to the United States. A warm welcome message, however, sounds different: On Twitter, Trump informed the couple on Sunday that the country would not pay for personal protection. “You have to pay!” Trump wrote. He started his tweet saying that he was a “great friend and admirer” of Queen Elizabeth II and the United Kingdom.
Harry (35) and Meghan (38) had decided to give up their royal duties and become financially independent. From April onwards, they waived the title “Royal Highness” and no longer performed official duties for the royal family. At times the couple lived in Canada with their son Archie. The family is said to have moved to Meghan’s birthplace in Los Angeles. There was initially no official confirmation of this at the weekend.
According to British media, the couple’s move meant to avoid paying taxes in both the United States and Canada. “This move had been planned for some time,” the tabloid “Sun” quoted an unspecified Royal expert and spoke of a “Megxit 2”. Given the corona pandemic and impending border closures, Harry and the former actress have already implemented their plan, it is said. According to “Sun”, they have found a new home near Hollywood. An American magazine had also reported on the move without a clear source. British Daily reporter Royal English reporter Rebecca English said the couple have moved to a self-contained housing development, partly because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Already in January the two announced that they would partially withdraw from their royal duties and want to become “financially independent”. Later Harry and Meghan agreed with the royal family on a clear break. The “Sussex Royal” brand, which they have used since their wedding, should also disappear – this should have given them a particularly violent blow, because the famous brand would have guaranteed them substantial income.