Donald Trump won’t return to Twitter despite Elon Musk takeover

The former president of the United States wants to stay on his social network, Truth, which he launched following his banishment from Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.

Former US President Donald Trump will not return to Twitter despite the announcement of the takeover of the social network by Tesla and SpaceX boss Elon Musk, he told the media Fox News Monday, April 25. “I will continue to use Truth “, his social network launched last February, indicated the Republican, while hoping that”Elon improves Twitter (…) which has bots and fake accounts».

Former President Donald Trump launched his own social network, Truth, in February last year in the name of freedom of expression, after being banned from Twitter, Facebook and YouTube in the aftermath of the capitol riots.

Elon Musk takeover motivated by freedom of expression

Elon Musk signed a definitive agreement on Monday with the board of directors of Twitter to buy the social network at a price of 54.20 dollars per share, and make it a private company, not listed on the stock exchange.

Since his account followed by 83 million subscribers, he has often criticized Twitter, in particular about freedom of expression, and the moderation of content, which he considers too severe. “Freedom of expression is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital public square where issues vital to the future of humanity are debated.said Elon Musk, quoted in the firm’s statement following the takeover.

«I hope even my worst critics stay on Twitter, that’s what free speech means“, tweeted Elon Musk on Monday, before the announcement. Some observers believe he could re-authorize deleted accounts, including that of Donald Trump and some of his supporters.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.