Avocados contain omega-3 fatty acids that reduce stress and anxiety (Getty)
Our fast-paced lifestyle and the accompanying circumstances affect Our mental health clearly. Stress, anxiety and irritability are natural results of the daily pressures we go through. It is true that it may be difficult to avoid sudden sources of stress, but it is possible to work to counteract chronic stress, which affects our physical and psychological health and our social life. Fortunately, the nutrition and behaviors that we can adopt in our lives are among the factors that can play an important role in this. Based on this, Neven Bashir, a nutritionist, points out what can help improve mood and reduce the stress we are exposed to.
there feed him Specific that can be focused on because it contributes to the high levels of dopamine and serotonin responsible for feeling happy. At the same time, these foods help reduce cortisol levels in the body, which is the hormone responsible for stress and is known as the “stress hormone.” Note that cortisol is useful in the short term because it provides a protective mechanism for the body, and helps it face the causes of stress. But in the long run the opposite result, as it causes stress to the body, increases stress levels and leads to infections and high blood pressure. In general, food is one of the solutions available to everyone to combat stress and improve mood, and resorting to it is a practical solution.
Here we review the most prominent of these foods:
- The main foods that contribute to this are mainly those included in the Mediterranean diet, such asFish, chicken, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fatsWith the need to reduce the intake of processed foods responsible for inflammation in the body, which contribute to raising cortisol levels in the body.
- Other foods play an important role in raising serotonin levels in the body and improving mood, including: eggs and cheese Because it contains tryptophan, which converts into serotonin, which contributes to improving the mood of those who take it, andPineapple, banana, lettuce and turkey.
- considered as nuts It is rich in certain nutritional components, especially vitamin B and healthy fatty acids, which help reduce stress. It also contains magnesium, which helps reduce anxiety and stress.
- Contain avocado It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce stress and anxiety, increase concentration rates and improve mood, in addition to its richness in fiber, phytochemicals and essential nutrients.
- fishTuna and salmon are rich in healthy fats that fight stress and prevent heart disease, and are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help fight depression, since this type of food has a clear impact on mood.
- Carbohydrates Increases levels of serotonin, which improve mood and reduce stress levels. With higher levels of serotonin, concentration levels improve, but the most important thing is to choose the types of starches and focus on the unprocessed ones, that is, healthy and whole food grains.