The election day this Sunday was lived with long lines, which were witnessed throughout the entire country. Although a large number of staff voted, the total it did not manage to exceed the participation obtained for the Plebiscite.
According to the latest balance made by the Electoral Service, with 99.99% of the polling stations scrutinized (46,888 polling stations), A 47.34% turnout was registered in the first round of the presidential elections, equivalent to 7,115,590 people out of a registry of 15,030,973.
Click to see the full video
However, this Sunday’s vote could not exceed the call for the 2020 constitutional plebiscite, when 7,569,082 voters voted, 50.95% of the electoral roll enabled to vote.
On the other hand, if compared to the first round of the 2017 presidential elections, it did exceed participation. In that instance, 46.72% of citizens went to the polls, that is, 6,703,327 out of a total of 14,347,288 voted.
For the last elections of conventional and mayors of 2021, 6,184,594 people voted.
Final results: this is how the Senate remained after the parliamentary elections
With close to 100% of the votes counted, the Electoral Service of Chile (Servel) delivered the results that the members of the Senate will conform.
These were the winners:
Antofagasta Region (C3):
– Esteban Velásquez (FRVS): 21.11%
– Pedro Araya (PPD): 12.90%
– Paulina Núñez (RN): 8.35%
Coquimbo Region (C5):
– Daniel Núñez (PC): 16.17%
– Matías Walker (DC): 10.74%
– Sergio Gahona (UDI): 10.56%
Metropolitan Region (C7):
– Fabiola Campillai (IND): 15.14%
– Manuel José Ossandón (Chile We Can More): 10.54%
– Rojo Edwards (PR): 9,39%
– Luciano Cruz-Coke (EVO): 5.68%
– Claudia Pascual (PC): 5.26%
O’Higgins Region (C8):
– Alejandra Sepúlveda (FRVS): 35.56%
– Juan Luis Castro (PS): 15.15%
– Javier Macaya (UDI): 15,09%
Bío Bío Region (C10):
– Sebastián Keitel (EVO): 11.70%
– Gastón Saavedra (PS): 10.75%
– Enrique Van Rysselberghe (UDI): 6.47%
Los Ríos Region (C12):
– Alfonso de Urresti (PS): 26.34%
– María José Gatica (RN): 21.79%
– Iván Flores (DC): 14.21%
Los Lagos Region (C13):
– Fidel Espinoza (PS): 18.15%
– Iván Moreira (UDI): 10.59%
– Carlos Kuschel (RN): 9.70%
Magallanes Region (C15):
– Karim Bianchi (IND): 47.99%
– Alejandro Kusanovic (RN): 14,29%
Ñuble Region (C16):
– Loreto Carvajal (PPD): 24.69%
– Gustavo Sanhueza (UDI): 17.33%