The office of MLB, owners and players union, have reached an agreement today to set the 2020 season rules from Big leagues (whether it is played shortened or permanently canceled).
In an initial agreement that has been leaked to the media, MLB and its players have managed to agree on 4 fundamental issues for the 2020 season:
- Rules of salary arbitration
- Whether or not the season counts for years of service
- And Draft
Here you can see the details of each of these points.
And then we will analyze the first one.
Let’s start with the numbers: players will receive a total of $ 170 million dollars in advance wages.
This between the month of March and April and as a gesture of “goodwill” from the owners.
On this “background” there are several things to say:
- Players can keep it in case there is a disaster and the game is not played. 2020 season.
- It is an advance of the salary, so if it is played with relative normality the amount will be discounted to the players
- The way in which this fund will be distributed among the players has not been defined, the decision seems to be from the union, but it could be equally between the players associated with MLB or in proportional parts.
What do you think? Good deal or not?