Here we are ! Square Enix has just revealed the release date of the new update to FINAL FANTASY XIV. And fans won’t have to wait long since the latter will debut on December 8. In addition, a trailer (to discover below) and a livestream have been announced by the publisher in question.
FINAL FANTASY XIV still has things to reveal
Update 5.4 has therefore unveiled the latest information, through a press release. Which is planned for PC, Mac, PlayStation4, and PlayStation5. The opportunity to remember that new players can always enjoy a extended trial, right here. The A Realm Reborn and Heavensward expansions are also part of it. Finally, note that Naoki Yoshida recently announced the establishment of a special livestream, “ the special event FINAL FANTASY XIV “. The latter is already dated ay February 6, 2021 and will include the latest information and news related to the software.
And here’s all the content you’ll be able to discover in a few days, thanks to this major update:
- New epic quests – After having saved the first reflection, the Heirs will finally be able to return to the primitive world. But the future that awaits them is very uncertain, and how can we know if the story that is being written will be an ode to hope… or a funeral hymn?
- New Raid Dungeon: The Promise of Eden – The third chapter of the eight-player raid series picks up on the story of Ryne and her mysterious sidekick Gaia after they successfully restore the balance of the elements in The Great Void. Update 5.4 brings its share of demanding battles, like a new boss designed by veteran of KINGDOM HEARTS® and FINAL FANTASY, Tetsuya Nomura, available in Normal and Sadistic mode.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Lament of Werlyt – After defeating the Sapphire Weapon, players will need to continue their efforts to end the Empire’s Weapons of War program with the help of Gaius. However, new information suggests the existence of an enemy lurking in the shadows: The Emerald Weapon.
- New challenge: Castrum Marinum – With the existence of the codenamed “Emerald” war machine confirmed, it’s up to the Warriors of Light to lead the assault before it’s too late. Players can challenge the Emerald Weapon on Normal and Extreme difficulty.
- New Dungeon: Abandoned Workshop of Matoya – Players can participate with their fellow adventurers or a team of non-player characters thanks to the adjuration system.
- New challenge: The Navel (unreal) – The new and improved version of an existing Primordial, Titan, will be dropped on level 80 heroes in Update 5.4 and will allow you to earn unique rewards while providing a new challenge.
- “Dungeon exploration” mode – This new game mode will allow players to take screenshots in dungeons of Shadowbringers without being worried by monsters. They will also be able to summon their pets and their mounts inside the dungeons to bring back unforgettable memories.
- Sea fishing – Two new fishing routes in the Darkshroud and Dravanian regions as well as new additions.
- Interpretation actions – The violin is added to the list of instruments.
- Triple Triad – The popular card game receives a variety of additions and improvements, such as the user interface, simplified card game selection rules for new players, and additional tournaments. In addition, players will now be able to create their own tournaments hosting up to eight participants using the mission tool, and customize the rules of the game.
- Craftsmen and collectors – Adjustments to some crafting actions and an overhaul of the collectables and etherolysis system for harvesters, and more with patch 5.41.
- Additions to Ishgard’s Rebuild (Update 5.41) – The fourth and final stage of reconstruction of the Holy City begins, and all players will work together to advance the work in their respective Worlds.
- “Queen’s Guard” (update 5.45) – The new chapter of “Queen’s Guard” continues the storyline is written by acclaimed game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FINAL FANTASY XII). This update also features Delubrum Reginae, a new Alliance Raid, either the 24-player normal mode or the 48-player sadistic mode.
- Weapons of the Resistance (update 5.45) – Players who have completed the Queen’s Guard quests in Update 5.45 will still be able to earn two additional levels of their Resistance weapons. The second stage of the enhancement will allow players to customize certain parameters to suit their playing style.
- Additions to the Blue Mage (patch 5.45) – The restricted job will receive a number of changes, such as an increase in the level cap to 70, new spells to learn from enemies, specific equipment and additions to the Blue List.
- “Skysteel Tools” (update 5.45) – Disciples of the Hand and the Earth will be able to further upgrade their Skysteel tools for crafting and harvesting.
- Changes to PvE and PvP actions, additions to Sea Fishing and Domian Mahjong, a new treasure hunt dungeon, new UI appearances, and more.