firefighters and police on site, hotel guests invited to stay in their rooms

This Saturday around 4 p.m., customers staying at the Van der Valk Congrès hotel, on the edge of the Meuse, felt a strong smell of chlorine within the establishment. The firefighters were quickly notified and, once on site, they indeed noted the presence of a leak in the Wellness (wellness center) located on the ground floor of the hotel.

The decision was then made to evacuate it, of course, but also the Van der Valk restaurant, located near the Wellness. Customers were asked to go back to their room and stay there long enough to solve the problem. Chlorine fumes can indeed be irritating and can cause inflammation of the respiratory tract.

This Saturday around 6:30 p.m., the Liège firefighters were still on site. With the police, they were indeed waiting for the competent services to resolve the problem.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.