After a very hard day in the high mountains where the escape was the protagonist, the individual general classification of the Back to Spain had no major modifications and Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma) kept the lead.
Marc Soler (Movistar), who finished second on the stage, was the great beneficiary of the day and got into the first six places of the general; while Richard Carapaz (Ineos Team) remains in second position.
🥇 Victory for @DavidGaudu in the very hard stage 11
– The Vuelta (@lavuelta) October 31, 2020
Despite the fact that he had a mechanical problem and that he gave time with the group of favorites, Esteban Chaves (Mitchelton-Scott) continues to be the best Colombian in the Iberian competition and remains in the ‘top’ 15.
This Sunday, stage 12 of the Vuelta a España 2020 will take place between La Pola de Laviana and Alto de l’Angliru, with a route of 109.4 kilometers. The day will again feature five mountain passes and will end with an out-of-category award.
General classification of the Vuelta a España 2020 after stage 11
- 1. Primoz Roglic (SLV – Jumbo):
- 2. Richard Carapaz (ECU- Ineos) M.T
- 3. Daniel Martin (IRL – Israel): a 0:25
- 4. Hugh Carty (GRB – EF): a 0:58
- 5. Enric Mas (ESP – Movistar): at 1:54
- 6. Marc Soler (ESP – Movistar): at 2:44
- 7. Felix Grossschartner (AUT – Bora): a 3:31
- 8. Alejandro Valverde (ESP – Movistar): at 3:44
- 9. Wouter Poels (HOL – BAH): a 3:54