The price of gold rose today, Monday, March 8, 2021, in Egypt, with the start of trading after two days of stability in gold prices in Egypt, and this came in conjunction with the global stock market holiday during the past few days.
Average gold prices today in Egypt:
- The price of 24-carat gold was 861 pounds.
- The price of 21 carat gold was recorded at 753 pounds.
- The price of 18-carat gold was 645 pounds.
- The price of the pound of gold was recorded at 60016 pounds.
- The price of an ounce of gold was recorded at 26,720 pounds.
- The price of a kilo of gold was recorded at 858 thousand pounds.
As for the global level, it is recorded gold price Today, an increase in the start of trading in global stock exchanges, a rise in the price of spot transactions, and also an increase in future contracts. Direct transactions came in at $ 1706.56, while futures contracts were recorded at $ 1704.6.
A gold manufacturer in Egypt said that gold prices at the global level were greatly affected over the course of last February and the current month of March, and recorded declines close to 4%, with US bond yields rising to record levels at the highest since February 2020.
He pointed out that the expectations of gold prices for this week is a limited upward trend, especially the beginning of today’s trading, and that the attractiveness of gold has been greatly affected by the yields of US bonds over the past two months, as an ounce of gold lost more than $ 100, as it fell from $ 1805 to $ 1700 now.