GoPro has developed an update for the special GoPro Labs firmware program, which with various innovative and experimental functions, the application possibilities of the models Hero Black, Hero8 Black, Hero Black and GoPro Max expanded.
With the new features available starting today, GoPro users can get even more out of their GoPro cameras:
• Camera motion trigger: The accelerometer and / or the gyroscope of the camera can be used to specify that recordings only start / stop when the camera is in motion. This conserves the battery and saves storage space.
• USB connection trigger: Makes the GoPro start / stop recording when a power supply via the USB port is detected. This enables USB-triggered functions such as use as a dashcam.
• Improved motion detection: Motion detection is now supported in all video modes including 360 motion detection for Max. The sensitivity range has also been improved.
• Simplified live streaming with QR code: The GoPro can be programmed to start a live stream in seconds when connected to a specific WiFi network.
• Single setting / one button mode (1-button mode): In one-button mode (1-button mode) the user can only start / stop recordings. This prevents accidental switching of the camera modes. Perfect for simplified use and beginners.
• New exposure modes: Settings for timed exposure lock and minimum shutter speed.
• New QR code control: Control via QR codes is now also available when recording in 5K and with HindSight for the HERO9 Black.
These functions will be added to the already released functions for control via QR codes, including motion detection, activation timer, saving of favorite settings, camera personalization and much more. Some of them have been official features of the Hero Black since the release in autumn 2020.
The GoPro Labs firmware is available for the Hero9 Black, Hero8 Black, Hero7 Black and GoPro Max under GoPro.com/Labs available for download. The GoPro Labs firmware includes the latest public firmware features for each camera model, as well as the experimental features listed above.
To give users of GoPro Labs even more inspiration and attention, the best GoPro Labs content will be honored as part of the GoPro Awards. Users can add their best shots to the “Anything Awesome Challenge” GoPro.com/Awards Submit and select “GoPro Labs” in the drop-down menu to secure the chance of cash prizes and a place of honor on the GoPro social media channel.