News Hospital staff called to continue mobilization

Hospital staff called to continue mobilization

-

Eleven months after the first strikes in Paris emergency services, healthcare workers worried about the deterioration of the public hospital continue to be heard. For the third time in four months, they will meet Friday, February 14 in Paris and in fifty cities across the country to ask “The reopening of beds” and “The recruitment of sufficient staff with decent wages”. A day described as that of the “Remobilization” by Hugo Huon, the president of the Inter-Emergency Collective, after several weeks of a social agenda crushed by the strike against the pension reform.

On the ground, doctors are now bringing the movement that had been launched by the paramedics to life. Since January 27, the country’s hospitals have been living at the rate of the resignations – very symbolic – of heads of service from their administrative functions, care and education being still provided. Almost 1,200 of them had brandished this threat on January 14 if the government refused to open budgetary negotiations. According to the latest figures from the Inter-Hospital Collective (CIH), almost 780 of them have indeed sent their resignation letters, not without some tensions in certain establishments.

Read also In turn, 80 doctors from Seine-Saint-Denis resigned in order to no longer “be complicit in the management of misery”.

“Our director thought we were bluffing, that we would not act, says Cécile Vigneau, manager – resigned – from the nephrology department at the Rennes University Hospital, where around fifty doctors took the plunge on January 27. She told us that she did not understand why we had resigned from our office before seeing if the minister’s measures were bearing fruit. “

” It is off the mark “

The Minister of Health, Agnès Buzyn, who postponed until mid-March her next meeting with representatives of resigning doctors, believes that we must now allow time for the emergency plan announced on November 20 by the government of come into full force. This includes in particular bonuses for certain categories of caregivers, budgets for improving the quality of working life and a takeover by the State of a third of the debt of public healthcare establishments, ie 10 billion d in three years.

Article reserved for our subscribers Read also Premiums, budget extension and debt recovery: measures in the plan for the public hospital

“As long as these concrete measures are not visible in the daily lives of caregivers, they will remain in the level of dissatisfaction that we know because they want it to change immediately”, launched Mme Buzyn during her greetings to the press on January 28, saying that, among the resigning doctors she had met, “Not everyone had perceived the extent of the measures taken by the government”.

In hospitals, the first funds from the government plan received a mixed reception. “Thanks to our mobilization, our hospital received 500,000 euros for equipment and improving working conditions, testifies Renaud Chouquer, resuscitator and head of resigning unit in Annecy. We may buy a patient lift somewhere, new stretchers elsewhere, but it is far from changing the lives of caregivers. With this plan, we will see very small effects, while we need big changes. It is off the mark. “

Most Recommended Web hosting

World News : archywordys.com

“What we’re asking for is hiring”

A perception shared by Cécile Vigneau, at the University Hospital of Rennes. “Our nephrology department will receive 15,000 euros to improve the quality of life at work and the reception of patients, she explains. We may be repainting a waiting room, but that will not radically improve our daily lives. What we are asking for is hiring, that work stoppages be replaced 100% and not 60%. ”

“We may be repainting a waiting room, but that will not radically improve our daily lives,” notes Cécile Vigneau, head of the nephrology department at the Rennes University Hospital.

While the government seems to have closed the door to any new budgetary gesture, the organizers of the movement are showing their determination. “The government must not have the slightest illusion: it cannot stop”, said Thursday, February 13, Renaud Péquignot, of the National Union of Hospital Anesthetists and Resuscitators (SNPHAR-E) at a press conference by fourteen organizations, unions and collectives calling for the mobilization day of the 14.

The municipal election campaign is the next target for angry hospital workers. “We are going to make a date with the candidates in relation to the current and future health crisis”, announces Doctor François Salachas, neurologist at Pitié-Salpêtrière and member of the CIH. In the management of the collective, we also ensure that we reflect on the implementation of actions “Even more blocking” in the coming weeks.

Article reserved for our subscribers Read also Emergency plan for hospital does not convince angry caregivers

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

“From Madrid to heaven”, the new theme by Nacho Cano

The Madrid City Council has expanded the #CulturaEnCasa campaign with performances, recitals, pieces and surprises to enjoy from the...

Coronavirus, the latest news from Italy and the world

3.44 pm - Lamorgese: To date 5.6 million checks and 200 thousand violationsThe efforts...

The Best Defensive Lineup Players in 2020 NFL Draft Season

There are only a few days left before the player selection meeting would happen. If all things lined up,...

Contactless payment with bank card raised to 80 francs

Mastercard, Visa, Postfinance and American Express raised contactless payment with their respective cards from 40 to 80 francs to...

Sierhuis in shock due to suicide ‘fantastic’ club doctor: ‘You saw it in nothing’

Kaj Sierhuis was shocked by dramatic news last weekend. Bernard Gonzalez, the 60-year-old club doctor at Stade Reims, committed...

Must read

“From Madrid to heaven”, the new theme by Nacho Cano

The Madrid City Council has expanded the #CulturaEnCasa campaign...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you