Recently, Meta’s messaging system offers users the possibility of creating stickers, to be placed in conversations. Here are the steps to follow.
Notice to budding artists
- Meeting on WhatsApp Web from your computer
- Then open WhatsApp on your smartphone and scan the QR code that appears on the screen
- Pick a random conversation and click on the paperclip icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select “Sitcker”, the second option from the bottom
- Choose a photo on your computer. It will become the basis of your sticker.
- WhatsApp offers you several tools (cropping, emojis, text, etc.)
- Once your work is finished, click on “Finish” to send it
Note that the option is not yet available on mobile, but it is possible, once it has been sent, to retrieve a sticker, save it and reuse it in other conversations. It’s not the most convenient option, but it does keep your creations warm while you wait for WhatsApp to offer the same tools on iOS and Android.