Have you already used the tool to make the messages disappear? WhatsApp It is one of the most used applications worldwide and in recent days it has been updated to the version 220.127.116.11 in betaThis caused a strange clock to appear on certain profile photos of your friends. What does that mean?
Recently WABeta information informed that they would arrive WhatsApp Temporary messages, a tool that will allow conversations that have not been read in 7 days to disappear. This has legally reached the beta version of the app.
What does the clock shown in a contact’s profile photo mean? Well, here we will explain what happens within the application and why it has generated such a buzz.
When the logo of that watch is displayed on your friend’s picture in WhatsApp means that you have enabled temporary messages in your conversation. In this way the texts that you do not read will be erased within a week.
But not only that, WhatsApp informs that when you activate temporary messages, this will happen in your conversations:
- If a user does not open WhatsApp during the seven-day period, the message will disappear. However, the message preview might still show up in notifications until WhatsApp is opened.
- When you reply to a message, the initial message is quoted. If you reply to a temporary message, the quoted text can remain in the chat after seven days.
- If a temporary message is forwarded to a chat with temporary messages disabled, the message will not disappear in that chat.
- If a user creates a backup before a message disappears, the message will be included in the backup. Temporary messages will be deleted when a user restores from a backup.
The best 7 WhatsApp tricks
WhatsApp is one of the few applications that cares about the experience of its users when it comes to immersing themselves in its app, that is why they are updated frequently, making communication between people more practical and simple. However, not everyone knows how to get the most out of the popular application.
The creators of WhatsApp have developed various tools so that their users can navigate the application at ease. However, this is unknown to a large part of the population, which is why the same company has shared a list of the best tricks developed by the application on its blog.
1. Hands-free voice notes: By simply pressing and holding the microphone icon and swiping up, you can lock the voice memo function to record, without having to hold the mobile phone with your hands. An option that surprisingly works!
2. Check the main messages: To get this option you must use the “star” message function, where you will mark key messages that you can easily see in a central location. All you have to do is press the message you want to save as a favorite and then touch the “star” icon.
If your device is an iPhone, you can find all starred messages by going to Settings and Starred messages or by selecting the chat name and tapping “Starred Messages”. In the case of Android users, they will have to press “More options” and then “Starred messages”.
3. Check the messages without touching the cell phone: If you want to be able to check WhatsApp without having to use your mobile device, what you have to do is download the WhatsApp desktop web application, which will project your cell phone conversations to a computer. So you can send messages, photos and GIFs without having to have your computer in your hands.
4. Use stickers in conversations: Emojis are becoming a thing of the past, today stickers offer you a more fun way to express yourself. You can find them in the field where the text is entered in a conversation, in a small square icon with a folded side page, where you can also add your own stickers and bitmojis.
5. Read messages without being online: The option to hide the “Read Receipts” is not the best option if you want the other person not to realize that they have read your message. That is why slightly lifting the message on the screen and opening the full text on the iphone lock screen is your best option to go unnoticed.
6. Manage who can add us to groups: There is nothing more uncomfortable than being added to a group full of strangers. That is why WhatsApp developed the option to manage who can add us to groups.
When you enable the contacts you want to receive messages from, these people must send us an invite link in the app. Only if we accept it, we can be added to the group.
To enable a contact we must go to Settings> Account> Security> Groups and select between the options: All, My contacts or My contacts except.
7. Be in control of your groups: There is a way to change group settings so that only we can make changes to the group image or name. To do this, go to Group Settings and then Edit Group Information.
These are the 7 tricks that you probably do not know. WhatsApp always surprises us with news so it is likely that we will update our list in a short time.
New emojis for WhatsApp 2020
Like all years WhatsApp has incorporated a new list of emojis to its conversation platform. He recently added the icons of mate, paella, bat, motorcycle taxi, tooth, clown, ostrich, among other characters and / or objects. On this occasion, thanks to Emojipedia, some of the emoticons that will be part of the application at the end of 2020 have been made public.
While WhatsApp It added its new 230 emojis in the month of November, it is expected that these 117 figures can also be seen only in that month.
According to the Unicode website, the new members of this “select group” were chosen after its Emoji Subcommittee “analyzed thousands of user-submitted proposals” from around the world, which had to include the reasons why they should be included. in the list and other data.
Unicode highlighted that among these symbols, which exceed 2,000 in total and that have become popular in messaging services for representing feelings and facilitating the expression of ideas, especially in WhatsApp, the emojis that many were saying will finally arrive. What are the new ones? Here we present them to you.
Among the new faces we will find the emoji of the happy face with a tear of emotion, also the man with the mustache and pronounced glasses, the clenched hand, the people hugging, the ninja are also enabled.
You will also see people in tuxedos, wedding dresses, men and women bottle feeding their children, Santa Claus without a mustache, heart and lungs.
On the other hand, in the animals section we will find the potted plant, the black cat, the beaver, the face of the polar bear, the bison, the mammoth, the dodo, the feather, the beetle, the seal, the fly. , Cockroach. , the worm, the rock, the wood.
On the food we will find the olive, the blueberry, the pepper, the pita bread, the tamale, the fondue, the bubble tea and the teapot.
Emojipedia also indicated that in WhastApp New places like the cabin, the truck, the skateboard will be added. While in the objects section we will have the magic wand, the colored piñata, the Russian doll, the needle and thread, the knot, the sandal, the accordion, the military helmet, the long drum, the coin, the saw, the Boomerang .
Other objects that will also be present are the hook, screwdriver, mirror, ladder, curtained window, plunger, mousetrap, ramrod, poster, toothbrush with toothpaste and tombstone.
Finally, other emojis that will come to WhatsApp They are the flags and the symbols will be the elevator sign, the transgender symbol, the transgender flag.
Last year Unicode had also included fifty new symbols that revolutionized social networks, including the peacock, the flame, an abacus, the profession of superhero or the double helix of DNA.