Do you need to renew your passport? Do you want to process your credential to vote? Looking to get a consular registration? Now in addition to being able to make your appointment at the Consulate General of Mexico Through the MEXITEL number, you can also do it online and save yourself the wait on the phone line.
The Mexican government has the site Gob.mx, a Web page that seeks to centralize government procedures and services in order to simplify access to information. On the page you will find the procedures by category, where you can see the necessary documents for each procedure.
However, if you want to make an appointment, we recommend going directly to the site of Mexitel as navigation on the Mexican government site can be a bit confusing. We recommend that you check if your local consulate has already resumed its consular services, after they closed as a result of the .
Here we explain the steps you must follow to schedule an appointment.
How to make an appointment at the Consulate of Mexico online: Step by step
To see photos
- Enter the portal Mexitel.
- If you don’t have an account, click Create an account. There you must fill out the form with your full name, telephone, email and a password.
- After registering, check your email to activate your account by following the instructions that you will receive in an email from the Ministry of Foreign Relations. We recommend that you check your spam tray.
- Return to the page to log in.
- On the left you will see a form that you must fill out, starting with the country, postal code, office, the type of procedure (registration, passport or notarial deeds) and your personal data. Click Find appointments.
- Now you will see a calendar that shows you the availability by means of colors and a number that indicates the number of appointments available for that day. Click on the day of your preference.
- Below you will see a list with the schedules. Choose the schedule by clicking.
- A window will open for you to verify the information regarding your appointment. Click Accept to receive the folio number of your appointment. Click Print and click OK again to confirm.
- Your appointment confirmation will automatically download to your computer.
Before going to your appointment at the Consulate General of Mexico, you should take into account the following measures established due to the coronavirus pandemic:
- You will need to bring your own mask and pen.
- You must go to your appointment unaccompanied.
- You will not be able to enter with backpacks or large bags.
- Your temperature will be taken, and if you have a fever, you will be asked to return in 15 days.
Remember to bring the necessary documents for the procedure you want to carry out. Either to get your passport for the first time or renew it, process your voting credential or your consular registration number.
If you want to verify the details of your appointment with the Consulate General of Mexico, make changes or cancel it, you just have to go to the Consult appointments section. To the right of the appointment you will see three icons: the red one is to cancel the appointment, the magnifying glass shows you the information of your appointment and the pencil allows you to reschedule the appointment.
Editor’s note: This article was updated on August 26, 2020 with new information on the requirements during the coronavirus pandemic.
What we know about the second economic aid package for coronavirus [fotos]
To see photos