The new Windows 11 operating system has a built-in voice typing feature that allows you to use your voice to write and text-to-speech and translation.
And Microsoft has improved the tool and support for automatic punctuation to be more advanced, smooth, accurate and fast, as the voice typing feature in Windows 11 works automatically across any website or application that includes a text box, and you can also attach punctuation marks in your sentences when writing, according to ( Al Arabiya Net).
• Open an app or website like Notepad or Google Search.
• Press the Windows and H buttons on your keyboard.
• In the pop-up window that appears, press the Microphone button.
• Put the cursor in the text box and then start speaking so that the system converts what you say into text directly in the notepad or the search box.
To enable automatic punctuation, open the tool as mentioned earlier and then press the settings icon (the gear icon) and toggle the button next to the automatic punctuation option to the on position.
And if the tool does not work well in Windows 11 then you need to make some adjustments in the settings.
To do this, follow these steps:
• In the main Windows 11 settings window, click on the Time and Language tab.
• Select the Speech option on the right side of the window that appears to you.
• On the right side, under the Speech language section, select the language of the tool according to your region and language.
• Toggle the button next to the option to recognize the non-native dialect of this language.
• Under the Microphone section, click on the Start option.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problem.
And if the problem is fixed but the tool is still not working, you should check that you have an internet connection and that the microphone on your Windows 11 computer is working properly.
If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can use the built-in dictation feature for voice typing in various Office applications. To do this, follow these steps:
• Open an Office application such as a word processor and Word.
• On the top right, click on the Dictate option.
• Press the microphone button and start speaking and the system will convert your speech into text in real time.
• Click on the Settings icon and then select the Auto Punctuation option. You can also choose the language and activate the word filter option.