Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN) – Have you recently suffered from side effects of a specific medication and are you worried about facing this problem again? The Omani Ministry of Health, through its official account on the “Instagram” website, published some steps that must be taken into account.
Medication side effects
A person may face some undesirable effects as a result of taking medicines, vitamins, or nutritional supplements. The side effects of medications are often expected.
The severity of its occurrence varies from one person to another based on several factors, most notably:
- the age
- nature of food
- The pathological condition or even the genetic makeup of the patient
How do you get rid of its risks?
- Take all medications as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not take anyone else’s medication
- Know your medications (how to use them, side effects and instructions)
- Talk to a pharmacist if you buy over-the-counter or complementary medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including complementary and over-the-counter medications
- Ask your doctor if improving your lifestyle can reduce your need for medications
- Get rid of unwanted and expired medications
The need to report side effects of medicines
Gastrointestinal side effects are among the most common side effects associated with oral medications, such as vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea.
For external use medications, such as ointments and lotions, skin irritation is the most common side effect.
And the Omani Ministry of Health advises, through its official account on the “Instagram” website, that you should tell your doctor about any medications you take regularly, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins and herbs, as this can help you avoid harmful drug interactions.