The fire brigade moved to Laxenburgerstrasse in the 10th district on Tuesday evening with a large contingent.
The fire brigade had to move out to a room fire in Laxenburgerstrasse in Vienna-Favoriten at around 4:45 p.m. The incident quickly turned into a major operation when a neighbor opened his apartment door, which caused the smoke to spread further.
The emergency services managed to put out the fire before the fire could spread. However, a neighboring kindergarten had to be evacuated. The teachers noticed the fire and took the children out of reach for safety.
The Viennese professional rescue service was also on site. Two young men (19 and 21 years old) were transported to hospital for smoke inhalation.