Here are the five key points of the weekly indicators of Bank Al-Maghrib (BAM), for the period from November 5 to 11, 2020:
– The dirham appreciated by 0.41% against the US dollar and depreciated by 0.30% against the euro, during the period from November 5 to 11, 2020.
– As of November 5, 2020, the outstanding official reserve assets remained virtually stable, from one week to the next, standing at 292.7 billion dirhams (billion dirhams) and increasing by 22.9%, year-on-year.
– The Central Bank injected a total of 105.7 billion dirhams, including 42 billion dirhams in the form of 7-day advances on call for tenders, 26.5 billion dirhams in the form of repo transactions, 31.9 billion dirhams in the framework of support programs for the financing of the TPME and 5.3 billion dirhams for currency swap operations.
– On the interbank market, the average daily volume of exchanges stood at 5.2 billion dirhams and the interbank rate stood at 1.5% on average.
– On the stock market, the MASI recorded an increase of 2.1%, reducing its underperformance since the start of the year to 13.1%.