Here is the essence of the information note from the High Commission for Planning (HCP) on the results of business surveys among companies in the manufacturing, extractive, energy and environmental sectors, as well as in construction:
– Companies in the manufacturing industry expect a slight increase in their production in the 4th quarter of 2020. These expectations would be attributable to an increase in activity in “Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products” and “Chemical industry”, as well as a decrease in that of “Manufacture of rubber and plastic products” and “Food industries”. Manufacturers generally expect the workforce to be stable in Q4-2020.
– Companies in the extractive industry are forecasting an increase in production in the 4th quarter. This development would be attributable mainly to an increase in the production of phosphates. In terms of the number of employees, the bosses of this sector foresee a decrease.
– The energy production expected for Q4-2020 would experience a decrease attributable to a drop in “Production and distribution of electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning”. In terms of employment, it would also see a decrease.
– For the same quarter, companies in the environmental industry anticipate an increase in production, particularly in “Water collection, treatment and distribution” activities and a stability in the number of employees.
– The expectations put forward by business leaders in the Construction sector for the 4th quarter of 2020 show, overall, a slight decrease in activity. This development would result, on the one hand, from the expected drop in activity at the level of the “Specialized construction works” and “Civil engineering” branches and, on the other hand, from the expected increase in activity in the branch. of “construction of buildings”. This drop in the construction sector would be accompanied by a drop in the number of employees.