Due to Christmas there will be a holiday weekend. Millions of people will take the opportunity to spend time with their family, there are those who will travel from afar to hug and have dinner with their loved ones, but others will have to work on December 25, which is National holiday, and 26, non-working day. In that case, how much will they pay?
This long holiday, unlike others whose main objective is to reactivate the tourism sector, this one has a more religious and family character. Although displacements occur, the main objective is the union in the homes. However, there are those who must work on those days. Know what day they will pay triple.
READ ALSO: Dollar closes lower while investors are attentive to the request for a vote of confidence
HOW MUCH WILL I BE PAID FOR WORKING ON DECEMBER 25?
If you have to work on Sunday, December 25, which is a national holiday for Christmas, the law establishes that, if a worker works without substitute rest, he will receive a triple payment for the following concepts:
- A remuneration for the holiday: amount included in the usual salary.
- A second remuneration for the work done: additional payment per day performed.
- A third remuneration for working on a holiday: for having worked on a holiday, without subsequent substitute rest.
The National Superintendence of Labor Inspection proposes the following example: If a person receives S/1,500 (S/50 per day) as monthly remuneration, if they work on December 25, they should receive S/150 for the holiday worked.
HOW MUCH WILL I BE PAID FOR WORKING ON DECEMBER 26?
December 26 was declared a non-working day for the public sector, through the Supreme Decree 033-2022-PCM. Although workers may rest on that date, those hours must be replaced within a maximum period of ten days. Therefore, there is no additional payment for working that day.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLIDAY AND NON-WORKING DAY?
Although you can rest on both days, take note of the differences:
- The holiday is a national holiday in which workers, both in the public and private sectors, can stop working. The same happens with students, who stop going to their classes. In the event that an employee works on a holiday, he will receive additional remuneration, which is normally triple, even if it is Sunday.
- The non-working day is decreed by the Government on duty and is aimed at the public sector. In the private sector, the employer will decide if their workers work or not. If in case an employee works normally, this does not mean that they will receive an extra payment, since he will only receive the same salary without increases. For those who rest, they must compensate with overtime, work on Saturdays or consider it as part of the vacation.