Mexico became the fourth Latin American country to accumulate one million COVID-19 infections

Mexico became the fourth Latin American country to accumulate one million COVID-19 infections (Photo: REUTERS / Carlos Jasso)

Mexico became the fourth Latin American country to reach one million accumulated infections of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, as the General Directorate of Epidemiology from the Ministry of Health revealed from the National Palace that we reached a million 3 thousand 253 cases.

But nevertheless, Brazil It is above the Latin American list with 5 million 848 thousand 959 accumulated cases and is located in the third place, according to data from the COVID-19 dashboard published by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.

In eighth place of the count is also located Argentina with one million 304 thousand 846 accumulated infections and below, in ninth place, is Colombia with one million 191 thousand 634 positive reports of the disease.

Mexico became the fourth Latin American country to accumulate one million COVID-19 infections (Photo: REUTERS / Gustavo Graf)
Mexico became the fourth Latin American country to accumulate one million COVID-19 infections (Photo: REUTERS / Gustavo Graf)

United States of America It is the first territory on the list with 10 million 904 thousand 888 accumulated cases of the COVID-19 disease, followed by India in second place with 8 million 814 thousand 579 cases, while France is in fourth place with one million 915 thousand 713 cases.

Follow him Russia with one million 910 thousand 149 accumulated, Spain with one million 458 thousand 591 infections and the United Kingdom with one million 347 thousand 907 cases of coronavirus. Above Mexico this Italy with one million 144 thousand 552 positive reports.

On the other hand, Mexico It ranks fourth, but worldwide, in cumulative deaths from coronavirus. United States appears again at the top with 245 thousand 600 cases, it is followed Brazil with 165 thousand 658 deaths, India with 129 thousand 635 deaths and finally our nation with 98,259 deaths.

The United States of North America is the first territory on the list with 10 million 904 thousand 888 accumulated cases of the COVID-19 disease (Photo: REUTERS / Jorge Luis Plata)
The United States of North America is the first territory on the list with 10 million 904 thousand 888 accumulated cases of the COVID-19 disease (Photo: REUTERS / Jorge Luis Plata)

In Mexico confirmed one million 3 thousand 253 infections accumulated coronavirus until November 14, 2020, but only 28,018 were considered as active; that is, they presented the symptoms of the disease during the last 14 days.

Of the total, 48.89% are women and 51.11% are men. Furthermore, 22.25% were hospitalized for different levels of severity, while 77.75% were able to continue their recovery from home with all the necessary protocols.

For now, the entities with the highest number of active cases are Mexico City Y New Lion with less than 3,000 cases, followed by Guanajuato, Queretaro that ascends a place, Coahuila, Durango, Jalisco that rises one position today, Mexico state Y Zacatecas; together they would add up to 66% of all the active population in the country.

The General Directorate of Epidemilogy also confirmed that 378,653 people are still waiting for their results and they were considered suspected of carrying the SARS-CoV-2 virus. An estimated 745,361 recovered were also registered, as well as 1 million 222 thousand 753 negative diagnoses.

Unfortunately, 98,259 Mexicans have also died from coronavirus (Photo: REUTERS / Henry Romero)
Unfortunately, 98,259 Mexicans have also died from coronavirus (Photo: REUTERS / Henry Romero)

Regrettably 98,259 Mexicans have also died. 36.18% are women, while the remaining 63.82% are men. On the other hand, it was indicated that 89.08% died in the hospital and 10.92% did so in circumstances outside the hospitals.

Among the people who died, the main comorbidities found were hypertension with 45.34%, the diabetes with 38.56%, the obesity with 24.00% and finally the smoking with 08.02%.

The entities with the highest number of deaths, so far, are Mexico City, State of Mexico, Veracruz, Puebla, Jalisco, Nuevo León, Baja California, Sinaloa, Guanajuato Y Sonora, which together represent 62.1% of those registered in the country, according to the Health Secretary at a press conference from the National Palace.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Coronavirus in Mexico: there are already more than 1,000,000 accumulated infections and 98,259 deaths

Mexico will not acquire Pfizer vaccine without deep-freezing network: Hugo López-Gatell

They predicted to vaccinate 10 million Mexicans against COVID-19 every month

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.