The scandal of the so-called “VIP Vaccination” revealed the case of some close friends of the Government who received Sputnik V at the Ministry of Health, despite the fact that it was not their responsibility to do so according to the schedule established by the national authorities themselves.
The controversy that broke out was so great that it led to the resignation of the then Minister of Health, Ginés González García, who was replaced in office by who was his number two in this portfolio, Carla Vizzotti.
“We will strengthen the devices and actions that guarantee equity in access to vaccines, monitoring compliance with the planned planning”said the official upon assuming her new position.
However, before these events were known, several leaders, from the highest ranking to those at the municipal level, had already been immunized against the coronavirus. Some of them even showed it on their social networks to “promote vaccination.”
Thus, figures like the president Alberto Fernandez, the vice president, Cristina Kirchner, the governor of the province of Buenos Aires, Axel Kicillof, Own Gines Garcia and different mayors, received Sputnik V.
This is the complete list, in alphabetical order, of the authorities that have already been vaccinated:
* Gustavo Barrera: the mayor of Villa Gesell received the second dose on January 27. The Buenos Aires Minister of Health applied it, Daniel Gollan, in person. Upon leaving, he stressed that “we are getting closer to overcoming the pandemic.”
* Juan Pablo Biondi: The Secretary of Communication and Press did not hesitate to get vaccinated as soon as he could, after his mother died last September as a result of the coronavirus.
* Federico Bodlovic: the mayor of the Santa Cruz town of Comandante Luis Piedrabuena received criticism for being immunized before the priority health personnel. His wife and the municipal driver also had this privilege.
* José Bodlovic: Like his son, the current provincial deputy of Santa Cruz was also able to access, like his partner, the doses of Sputnik V.
* Gustavo Bordet: the governor of Entre Ríos was immunized on January 22 in his province and later stressed that “the vaccine is very necessary.”
* Jorge Capitanich: The Chaco president began the vaccination campaign in his province, receiving himself and his vice, Analía Rach Quiroga, the first doses.
* Cristian Cardozo: The mayor of the Partido de la Costa defended the effectiveness of the Russian vaccine in January, when after it was applied he said that the next day he did not get up “with communist ideas.”
* Arabela Races: The governor of Río Negro applied the first dose of the Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus on January 13, at the vaccination center in the city of Allen.
* Alejo Chornobroff: the acting mayor of Avellaneda also received the injection.
* Alberto Fernández: The President received the first dose of the Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus at the Posadas Hospital, a day after the ANMAT authorized it for people over 60 years of age.
* Cristina Fernández de Kirchner: The vice president received the Russian vaccine at the Presidente Perón de Avellaneda Hospital: “I am not only taking care of myself but I also take care of others,” he said.
* Jorge Ferraresi: the Minister of Territorial Development and Habitat was one of the members of the immunized Cabinet.
* Ezequiel Galli: The mayor of Olavarría first said that he was not going to be vaccinated because he preferred “that someone at risk apply it before”, but a few weeks later he changed his mind and showed a photo in which they were injecting it.
* Daniel Gollán: the Buenos Aires Minister of Health became the first Argentine over 60 years of age to be immunized, after the approval by the ANMAT of its use in the population of that age.
* Ginés González García: the Minister of Health of the Nation received Sputnik V the same day as President Alberto Fernández.
* Omar Gutiérrez: the governor of Neuquén agreed to the vaccine last December, when the first doses arrived in the country.
Martin Guzman: The Minister of Economy is another of the members of the Cabinet who is already immunized, as he was able to confirm Infobae.
* Oscar Herrera Ahuad: The president of Misiones received the first dose in December, too, and highlighted the work that his administration was doing in the framework of the vaccination campaign.
* Sebastián Ianantuony: The mayor of General Alvarado, where Miramar is located, was immunized at the end of January, but a few days later he tested positive for coronavirus anyway.
* Raúl Jalil: the governor of Catamarca was one of the first in his province to receive the vaccine against COVID-19.
* Axel Kicillof: In January, the Buenos Aires governor showed through social networks the moment in which a doctor applied the second dose of Sputnik V. The first had been applied on December 29.
* Nicolás Kreplak: the Vice Minister of Health of the province of Buenos Aires was also immunized, as was his superior, Daniel Gollán.
* Verónica Magario: The Buenos Aires deputy governor received the first dose at the Federico Abete Trauma Hospital in Malvinas Argentinas and the second at the Villa Gesell North Health Center.
* Julio César Marini: the mayor of the Buenos Aires party of Benito Juárez is another of the communal leaders who agreed to the vaccine.
* Héctor Olivera: The mayor of Tordillo also caught coronavirus shortly after receiving Sputnik V.
* Gustavo Posse: the mayor of San Isidro was one of the first opposition leaders to apply the vaccine.
* Analía Rach Quiroga: the deputy governor of Chaco received Sputnik V on the same day that Jorge Capitanich did.
* Alberto Rodríguez Saá: the San Luis governor received the vaccine at the San Luis Hospital.
* Juan Schiaretti: The Cordovan was one of the leaders who had so far avoided getting immunized. However, the advisory committee recommended that Sputnik V be applied, and he did so in early February.
* Felipe Solá: The 70-year-old Chancellor made the arrangements to request a turn after the medical team of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicated that he be inoculated as soon as possible due to the commitments that arise from his function. He did it last Friday at the Posadas Hospital.
* Jorge Taiana: the Kirchner senator was one of the figures involved in the VIP Vaccination scandal.
* Eduardo Valdés: the deputy and former ambassador to the Vatican was the other official leader accused of getting vaccinated without following the established protocol.
* Gustavo Valdés: the governor of Corrientes received the first and second doses at the Field Hospital of his province.
* Juan Vázquez: just 54 years old, the former mayor of the town of Gobernador Gregores was the first national deputy to be vaccinated outside of the national protocol. According to the records you accessed Infobae, deputy was vaccinated with the first dose of Sputnik V on February 6 and was enrolled in the system as part of the group “18 to 59 years with risk factors”Although the province governed by Alicia Kirchner has not yet finished immunizing health personnel.
* Héctor Vidal: the current president of Governor Gregores also received Sputnik V, despite being only 38 years old.
* Julio Vitobello: The Secretary General of the Presidency, due to his closeness to Alberto Fernández, was also immunized against the coronavirus.
*Gustavo Walker: the mayor of the Buenos Aires town of Pila is another of the communal leaders who agreed to the vaccine.
* Sergio Ziliotto: “I just had the COVID-19 vaccine. We have already begun to vaccinate the health workers of La Pampa who daily put the body to take care of us. Today we begin the path to immunize many Pampas and thus end this scourge, “said the governor of this province, upon receiving the first dose.
I kept reading: