Opposition in Quebec: the COVID-19 vaccination campaign well received

The first stages of the vaccination campaign in Quebec were well received by the opposition parties in the National Assembly.

• Read also: Up to 249,000 COVID-19 vaccines from next week

• Read also: Vaccination operation in Quebec: seniors and CHSLD staff as a priority

The Minister of Health, Christian Dubé, announced Monday that nearly 28,000 Quebecers could be vaccinated by January 4. Seniors in CHSLDs and members of their nursing staff could even receive the first doses as early as next week.

“I must admit that yesterday we had transparency, clarity and planning. It was time for the Quebec government to start working like this. It was time for the CAQ to understand that the more transparent we are, the more we reassure people, ”said the parliamentary leader of Quebec solidaire, Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois, on Tuesday.

Photo d’archives

The Solidarity MP particularly welcomed the online publication of the opinions of the Committee on Immunization in Quebec (CIQ), on which the Legault government is basing itself to determine which groups will receive the first vaccines.

“The CIQ’s opinions are public, there is a transparent strategy, there is a clear decision-making process and there is planning,” continued Mr. Nadeau-Dubois. I mean that I think the government did well yesterday, and we would like it to have the same approach in other matters, as transparent, as planned and as clear. ”

The tone was similar on the side of the PQ leader, Paul St-Pierre Plamondon, who was satisfied with yesterday’s government announcement. However, this is a small quantity of vaccines, which means that Quebecers will have to continue to respect the sanitary rules for a long time yet, he stressed.

Photo d’archives, Stevens Leblanc

The liberal leader Dominique Anglade, she was more succinct. “Well, this is the very beginning. So far he has answered questions, she said of Minister Dubé. Now, it will be in the deployment of all that that we will see things from next week. ”

Photo d’archives

Liberals and PQ believe, however, that the person in charge of the vaccination operation, Deputy Minister Jérôme Gagnon, should also answer questions from journalists, as is the case in Ottawa and elsewhere in the country. The latter was described as “general” of this historic campaign by Prime Minister François Legault.

On the side of Quebec solidaire, we are not of the same opinion. “Me, I expect people who are accountable for decisions to answer questions,” said Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois. If Mr. Dubé makes the decisions, it is up to him to answer the questions. I have no specific demand for hearing Mr. Gagnon. If Mr. Dubé is able to answer, he is the Minister, let him answer. ”

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.