The decision for round 7 of the Supercross World Championship in Orlando was made in the fourth lap when Red Bull KTM works driver Cooper Webb took the lead past Ken Roczen and Justin Brayton (Honda). Roczen remains world championship leader.
7. Run to Supercross-WM in Orlando (Florida): HRC works driver Ken Roczen won the preliminary run and put himself in a good position to start the final in camping World Stadium.
Husqvarna-Factory driver Zach Osborne won the start of the final Justin Brayton, Ken Roczen and Cooper Webb. After an error of Osborne initially took over Brayton the lead, but then took advantage Webb the situation went in one go in one Left turn inside on Roczen and Brayton passed and took the lead of the field. Also Roczen passed a short time later Brayton and stayed within striking distance until halftime Leader Webb.
«Halfway through the race, I had to tear something off after a mistake that almost made me fall. In the end, I came back a little closer Cooper but it wasn’t enough for an attack, »explained Roczen on the podium. In the Supercross-WM the German continues to lead after 7 of 17 completed races. His point cushion of 16 points has shrunk to 13 points.
Defending champion Eli Tomato (Kawasaki) got off to a bad start again and had to work his way up from midfield. He reached number 5 behind Justin Weather in Barcia (GASGAS), which spread over long stretches of the race Podiumscourse found, but then an error in the Whoops committed his body next to his motorcycle and in Rodeo Way could jump up again. Inherited by this bug Zach Osborne Rang 3. Weather in Barcia Attacked until the end, but could no longer attempt to overtake.
Dylan Ferrandis (Yamaha) crashed at the beginning of the race and had to retire. The 8th World Championship run will also take place in the camping in a week World Orlando Stadium.
All the details from the final of the Supercross-WM from Orlando-1, see below Renn Transcript:
Zach Osborne wins the start Brayton, Roczen, Webb and Weather in Barcia. Roczen already foiled the first attack of Webb.
Osborne stumbles, Brayton and Roczen go to Osborne past.
18 more Min:
Osborne stands out P5 back. Brayton is now showing Roczen, Webb and Weather in Barcia. Tomato ranks on P8. Dylan Ferrandis crashes and falls out.
16 more Min:
Change of leadership! Webb goes in one Left turn inside on Roczen and Brayton over in the lead!
15 more Min:
Weather in Barcia hat P3 reached. Savatgy falls, Tomato achieved thereby P6.
13 more Min:
Webb leads by 0.7 seconds Roczen.
8 more Min:
Webb can easily settle at the top. The KTM-Factory driver leads with 1.8 seconds ahead Roczen and Weather in Barcia. Tomato still ranks P5.
5 more Min:
Weather in Barcia stumbles and falls with his body next to his bike. It can crash in Rodeo Way just prevent it. Osborne can use the situation in his favor and achieve it P3.
3 more Min:
Webb leads by 2.8 seconds Roczen, Osborne and Weather in Barcia.
Roczen attacks again, but he is no longer within striking distance Leader Webb. Webb wins by a narrow margin of 0.94 seconds. Also Weather in Barcia attacked to the finish line, achieved Osborne on P3 but not anymore. Webb prevails Roczen, Osborne, Weather in Barcia and Tomato.
Result SX-WM, Orlando-1:
1. Cooper Webb (USA), KTM
2. Ken Roczen (D), Honda
3. Zach Osborne (USA), Husqvarna
4. Justin Weather in Barcia (USA), GASGAS
5. Eli Tomato (USA), Kawasaki
6. Aaron Plessinger (USA), Yamaha
7. Marvin Musquin (F), KTM
8. Jason Anderson (USA), Husqvarna
9. Malcolm Stewart (USA), Yamaha
10. Adam Weather in Cianciarulo (USA), Kawasaki
11. Justin Brayton (USA), Honda
12. Dean Wilson (GBR), Husqvarna
13. Joey Savatgy (USA), KTM
14. Benny Just (USA), Honda
15. Vince Friese (USA), Honda
16. Martin Davalos (USA), KTM
17. Shane McElrath (USA), Honda
18. Justin Bogle (USA), KTM
19. Kyle Chisholm (USA), Yamaha
20. Justin Starling (USA), KTM
22. (DNF) Dylan Ferrandis (F), Yamaha
DNS: Chase Sexton (USA), Honda
World Cup status after round 7 of 17:
1. Ken Roczen (D), Honda, 161
2. Cooper Webb (USA), KTM, 148, (-13)
3. Eli Tomato (USA), Kawasaki, 132, (-29)
4. Adam Weather in Cianciarulo (USA), Kawasaki, 118, (-43)
5. Justin Weather in Barcia (USA), GASGAS, 115, (-46)
6. Marvin Musquin (F), KTM, 110, (-51)
7. Malcolm Stewart (USA), Yamaha, 109, (-52)
8. Zach Osborne (USA), Husqvarna, 108, (-53)
9. Aaron Plessinger (USA), Yamaha, 99, (-62)
10. Dylan Ferrandis (F), Yamaha, 97, (-64)