People Can Fly took advantage of the weekend to release a new update to Outriders but unfortunately, this one also causes a dump of the inventory of the players. The developers are actively working on the subject and are giving more details about this bug.
The developers say they have applied additional preventive measures on the servers to protect them from inventory clearings. These aim to reduce the occurrence of this problem.
If you encounter the problem, the developers recommend the following solution: As soon as you notice that your equipment is missing, immediately force quit the game and then restart it.
Restoration of inventory items in the coming weeks
The latest Outriders update fixes some bugs, but added another rather annoying one since inventory can sometimes be emptied.
Resolving inventory clearing is our top priority and will remain so until corrected.
Rest assured, the developers will apparently be able to restore some of the inventory since all is not lost. Here are the developers’ intentions to restore Outriders inventory items:
- Catering must take place on a specific day and must be a one-time event
- The exact date is to be confirmed, but we hope that will happen in the coming weeks.
- We will keep you posted when we have confirmation of the date and times
- We will only be able to restore the most valuable lost item levels, for example Epic and Legendary.
- We are unlikely to restore an inventory full of blue gear.
- The restoration will be complementary to your existing inventory. Ellel should not replace your current inventory.
- Restored items may not have exactly the same stats as lost items
Restore will not be possible for items that have been acquired but whose connection to the game was interrupted before an autosave could be completed because these items would never have made it into your inventory. Such an auto-save is visible when the yellow auto-save icon remains active for a longer period of time.
While we would do our best to make things right, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the details of the above or the timing of it as we may encounter technical difficulties which delay our work.