Today Monday, October 18, 2021, the dollar is trading at 20,4037 per unit with an upward trend in real time. The peso recovers 1.2 cents against the spot interbank dollar to stand at 20.3400, compared to the last close of Banxico (20.3280). On this first day of the week, the exchange rate it depreciated slightly.
The peso ended its four-day streak in favor to depreciate on Monday due to concerns in the currency markets about inflation, which is putting pressure on the exchange rate.
Since the beginning of the session, there was a downward trend in the peso after the release of economic data on the GDP of China which showed a significant slowdown compared to the previous period, as well as a rise in the price of energy.
The economist Gabriela Siller points out that after a growth of 7.9% last quarter, an increase of 4.9% did not meet the expectations of the markets, which was caused by difficulties in supply chains and an accelerated growth in the prices of energy sources such as coal and natural gas.
During the course of the morning the barrel of Petroleum WTI rose in value to $ 83.87, a level that had not been touched since 2014.
On the other hand, the data from the industrial activity of the US, which registered a 1.3% annual contraction last month.
- Bank of Mexico: Buy $ 20.3400- Sale: $ 20.3400
- HSBC: Buy: $ 19.84 – Sale: $ 21.29
- Banamex: Buy: $ 19.75 – Sale: $ 20.88
- Bancomer: Buy: $ 19.73 – Sale: $ 20.62
- Banorte: Buy: $ 19.25 – Sale: $ 20.65
- Scotiabank: Buy: $ 18.70 – Sale: $ 21.60
- IXE: Buy: $ 19.25 – Sale: $ 20.65
- Bank of the Bajío: Buy: $ 19.70 – Sale: $ 21.00
- Monex: Buy: $ 19.96 – Sale: $ 20.96
- Azteca Bank: Buy: $ 19.55 – Sale: $ 20.53
- Inbursa: Buy: $ 20.00 – Sale: $ 21.00
- Santander: Buy: $ 19.43 – Sale: $ 20.95
- Intercam: Buy: $ 19.89 – Sale: $ 20.90
- Banregio: Buy: $ 19.10 – Sale: $ 21.10
As for bitcoin, it is currently at $ 61,311.0 with a downward trend in real time.
Dollar price in real time:
Regarding the euro, it is priced at $ 23.69 pesos, for $ 28.01 pesos of the pound sterling overall average.