Russian opponent Alexei Navalny announces he will return to Russia on January 17

Victim of poisoning during a trip to Siberia, transported and hospitalized in a coma on August 20 in Berlin, the Russian opponent Alexeï Navalny, still recovering in Germany, expressed, Wednesday, January 13, his desire to return soon in his country.

Read also: A journalistic investigation accuses the Russian security services of the poisoning of Alexey Navalny

” I survived. And now [le président russe Vladimir] Putin, who ordered my assassination, (…) told his servants to do everything so that I do not return “, he said in a video posted on his Instagram page, before adding that he had taken a ticket on a regular line dated January 17.

The 44-year-old opponent faces the threat of a prison sentence in Russia. Justice opened, on December 29, a criminal investigation against him. The case concerns “large-scale fraud”, a felony punishable by ten years of imprisonment.

Article reserved for our subscribers Read also Russian justice opens investigation for “fraud” against Alexeï Navalny

A few days earlier, the prison administration had publicly threatened to turn an old suspended sentence into a real sentence if Mr. Navaly – still in Germany – did not respond to a summons the next day. But no follow-up had been given.

The World with AFP

READ  Taxi driver who did not believe in coronavirus infected his wife who is on the verge of death

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.