Cover image: David Goldman / AP
- At least three people were killed on Friday by a Russian bombardment on Kramatorsk, one of the last major cities still under Ukrainian control in the Donetsk region, in eastern Ukraine, announced its mayor, Oleksandr Honcharenko. Previous reports said thirteen people were injured and at least twenty residential buildings damaged in the attack.
- A local official, Anatolii Kurtiev, reported on Telegram the death of a woman due to Russian strikes in Zaporizhia, in southern Ukraine, on Friday. Two injured were also hospitalized.
- The Pentagon assured Friday that it had no information on the cause of the recent explosions at a Russian military base in Crimeawhile emphasizing that the United States had not delivered to kyiv any weapon allowing such a strike to be carried out.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky meets Pope Francis, Friday. M. Zelensky s’est dit “grateful to the pontiff for his prayers in favor of Ukraine”in a message published on Twitter.
- Deliveries of Russian oil to the Czech Republic have resumed after an eight-day suspension linked to sanctions against Moscow and relating to transit rights through Ukraine, the Czech operator MERO announced on Friday.
Watch our live from yesterday ici.