As of August 4, six epidemic outbreaks are in progress in New Aquitaine, against seven on July 31, indicates the Regional Health Agency of Nouvelle-Aquitaine in its situation report published on Tuesday.
#COVID19 | Situation on August 4
Recommendations to avoid contamination during private events
In numbers :
27 new cases on August 4
6 ongoing clusters (excluding restricted family cases)
55 hospitalizations including 11 in intensive care
– ARS New Aquitaine (@ARS_NAquit) August 4, 2020
Three of them are in Bordeaux: one came from a private event, the second from an nursing home and the last from a professional environment. In particular, a cluster has been identified in La Rochelle, in a leisure center. The other two homes are located in Lesparre, in a health facility and in Quinsac for a private event.
Moreover, as the ARS points out,
- 55 people are currently hospitalized (+1 since July 31)
- 11 people are currently in intensive care or intensive care (+1 since July 31)
- 2,253 people have been discharged from hospital healed since the start of the epidemic (+4 since July 31)
- Since the start of the epidemic, there have been 425 deaths among people hospitalized (figure unchanged since July 31)
Between July 31 and August 2, 45 of the 9,077 tests performed were positive.