An Oolong accident occurred in Changsha City, Hunan Province, China recently. A girl, Tingting (pseudonym), was bedridden with a cold. Her father bought a small fireworks to set off indoors in order to amuse her daughter. Instead, Tingting was sent to the intensive care unit due to inhaling too much harmful gas, and was diagnosed with severe pneumonia by the doctor.
According to “Sin Chew.com”, Tingting was resting at home because of a cold on the day of the incident. In order to make her daughter happy, her father went to the store to buy small fireworks and set them off at home. Unexpectedly, because the indoor environment of Tingting’s house was not ventilated, the smoke released by the fireworks could not dissipate for a long time, causing Tingting to inhale harmful gases, which in turn caused severe cough accompanied by shortness of breath. She was sent to the hospital for treatment, and was diagnosed by a doctor as suffering from severe pneumonia.
Tingting’s parents regretted afterwards and said, “There is a lot of smoke in our house that has not dissipated. How can we know that the child will gasp when he smells it after falling asleep. It is very serious.” Fortunately, Tingting was treated in the hospital for 3 days. Later, the condition has improved.
According to reports, the doctor who treated the girl also reminded that Tingting’s parents’ behavior is very dangerous, and I hope the outside world can take a lesson and avoid irreparable regrets.