Almost a decade ago the first electric sedan made by Tesla, the Revolutionary Model S, that little by little became popular thanks to his innovative proposal, that in a short time would give life to a new fever within the industry.
But since almost 9 years have passed, Tesla decides upgrade to their first models in their range, Model S and Model X, that seemed to be lagging a little behind in design, interior and technology.
Tesla Model S 2021: Design
- The exterior was hardly touched, and remains faithful to its initial proposal, although with a few very slight modifications to the bumpers, which are cleaner, and further relates it to its brother the Model 3.
- On the sides we notice the absence of the chrome frames of the windows and rear-view mirrors, instead they will be black.
- EThe panoramic glass roof saw an increase in dimensions in order to make more use of the light, as well as to improve the visibility of the occupants.
- The tire design also changes and will be offered in sizes from 19 and 21 inches.
Tesla Model S 2021: interior and equipment
This is where the changes are more radical, and although the configuration changes nothing with respect to its predecessor, we can notice a very different environment:
- Equip a futuristic steering wheel, simulating a kind of airplane control or video games,
- Now it will make use of a 17 inch touch screen in horizontal position, remember that the previous one was vertical, something like a giant iPad.
- New multifunction digital instrument panel.
- Two front wireless chargers
- The interior is minimalist in character, excluding all buttons and levers of the cabin, as it seems that everything will be controlled by the screen, and the only controls are on the steering wheel.
- It has a new touch entertainment screen for rear seats.
- Offers a central armrest for rear seats with wireless charger.
- The combination of materials interiors will be to the user’s taste and configuration, being able to choose between upholstered in black, white or beige, in addition to the rest of the inserts in wood, aluminum or even carbon fiber.
Tesla Model S 2021: technical and mechanical specifications
The portfolio has been simplified to offer only three, including the new 800 km range:
Tesla Model S Great Autonomy
- 663 kilometers in WLTP cycle
- 250 km / h top speed
- 0 to 100 km / h in 3.2 seconds
Tesla Model S Plaid
- 628 kilometers in WLTP cycle
- 1,020 horsepower
- 320 km / h top speed
- 0 to 100 km / h in 2.1 seconds
Tesla Model S Plaid+
- 840 kilometers in WLTP cycle
- 1,100 horsepower
- 320 km / h top speed
- 0 to 100 km / h in 2 seconds
Tesla Model X will also see changes
For their part, some users also noted that Tesla placed a Model X Plaid variant on its website, making use of the same three electric motors, offering huge 1,020 horsepower with a speed maximum 260 km / h and a time from 0 to 100 km / h in 2.5 seconds.
The exterior details, the interior configuration with the new steering wheel and new infotainment systemwill also be part of the eco-friendly SUV equipment.
The arrival in the United States would be from the second quarter of the current year.