A money manager from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht opened this morning’s market at 35.88 baht / dollar, depreciating from The market closed yesterday evening at 35.77 baht / dollar.
The baht depreciated in line with the direction of regional currencies. Because last night, the dollar strengthened against all currencies after the Federal Reserve Bank (Fed) St. Louis branch. come out to view that US interest It should go up to 5-7%, which is quite a lot.
Meanwhile, weekly US jobless claims came in lower or better than market expectations, indicating a strong labor market. support dollar strength
Money managers estimate the movement of the baht today at 35.70 – 36.10 baht / dollar during this period must be monitored. flow of capital flows Yesterday, foreign investors sold Thai bonds netting about 10,000 million baht.
THAI BAHT FIX 3M (Nov. 17) was at 1.26400%, while THAI BAHT FIX 6M was at 1.62873%.
- important factor
- The yen was at 140.10 yen/dollar from 139.65 yen/dollar yesterday evening.
- The euro was at $1.0364 from $1.0366 yesterday evening.
- Thai baht/dollar exchange rate weighted average of the interbank Bank of Thailand is at 35.849 baht / dollar.
- 14 APEC leaders – guests have arrived in Thailand, including “Xi Jinping – Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia – Vice President of the United States” in the warm-up of the Prime Minister
APEC CEO Summit Drives Private Sector Partnerships jointly conserve the environment, and “Jurin-Don” joins hands to lead the meeting of the Minister
APEC pushes for openness to all trade-investment opportunities, moving towards FTA
- Following the APEC Leaders Summit (APEC 2022), today will be the first day of the Leaders’ Meeting under the head of
Clause “Balanced, Inclusive and Sustainable Growth”
- Ready to keep an eye on the protesters under the name “People stop APEC 2022” at the city square. In front of Bangkok City Hall
which aims to move the rally to the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
- The Ministry of Finance is studying the details of the Office of the Social Security Fund’s proposals regarding stabilization.
of the Social Security Fund whether to increase the wage ceiling or not Currently, the maximum wage ceiling used to calculate contributions and contributions does not exceed per month.
15,000 baht and if the ceiling is increased will make the fund earn more income as well and the insured will receive compensation for the lack of income
which is increased from the ceiling base that has been increased as well However, the issue of stability of the Social Security Fund may become a fiscal risk in
future, because if the Social Security Fund has insufficient funds to pay to members The government has an obligation to provide budget support.
- US Department of Labor First-time applications for unemployment benefits fell 4,000 to 222,000.
last week This is lower than analysts’ expectations at 225,000. The number of applicants for unemployment benefits. above level
- US Department of Commerce The number of housing starts fell 4.2% in October to 1.425 million units.
But higher than analysts expected. and yearly The number of home building starts fell 8.8% in October.
Build houses, affected by rising construction material prices. and the rebound in mortgage interest rates.
- The president of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis said the Fed still has a lot of work to do before it
able to control inflation to the target level and current policy interest rates Still not within the framework that is considered to be very tight control
- US Treasury yields rebounded today. After officials at the US Federal Reserve (Fed) spoke in support of
Raise interest rates to curb inflation. The 2-year bond yield, which is sensitive to the Fed’s monetary policy.
It is above 4.4% and is above the 10-year and 30-year US Treasury yields.
- Dollar strengthens against major currencies This is in line with the rebound in US government bond yields. respond to officers
The Federal Reserve (Fed), which has said it supports raising interest rates to stem inflation.
- New York Gold Futures It closed lower on Thursday (Nov. 17) due to the strength of the dollar. and rising
of US bond yields is a factor depressing the gold market. The COMEX (Commodity Exchange) gold contract delivered in
December fell $ 12.8, or 0.72%, to close at $ 1,763 / ounce.
- CME Group’s FedWatch Tool indicates investors are now 19% weighing the Fed’s 0.75% rate hike.
December meeting This is an increase from the previous survey, which was 15%. However, most investors still expect Fed will raise interest rates
0.50% in this meeting
- important economic data today The United States will report second-hand home sales in October. and leading economic indicators for October from