Square Enix surprised us today with new announcements for the NieR series, Nintendo during the week with a Nintendo Direct Mini! We were also able to report on many new announcements and publications. We then conclude the week with four current reviews and the Sunday question. Don’t miss anything – read the weekly review!
Square Enix announced today what many NieR fans have been waiting for, namely NieR Replicant for current consoles. The new version has the official name NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… (PS4, Xbox One, PC), Players can also look forward to new content. A completely new branch of the series was also included Never Re[in]carnation (mobile) revealed.
The call for a new edition of Nintendo Direct could hardly be ignored and so Nintendo had a look this week. Without any notice, fans were allowed to Nintendo Direct Mini to bring to mind. It showed some interesting titles and made new announcements. Here you will find a small overview of the most important content.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) (new content)
- BioShock: The Collection (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC) (to be released on May 29 for Switch)
- Borderlands Legendary Collection (Switch) (to be released on May 29)
- Bravely Default II (switch) (Trailer, our sample report for the demo)
- Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC) (Switch announcement)
- Catherine: Full Body (PS4, Switch, PS Vita) (to be released on July 7th for Switch)
- Good job! (Switch) (out now)
- Mr. Driller DrillLand (Switch, PC) (Announcement)
- Ninjala (switch) (to be released on May 27)
- Panzer Dragoon (Switch, PC) (now available for switch)
- Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch) (news about the expansion pass)
- Shinsekai: Into the Depths (Switch, Mobile) (now available for switch)
- Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Plus (Switch) (Announcement for Japan)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) (next fighter comes from ARMS)
- XCOM 2 Collection (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC) (to be released on May 29 for Switch)
Also freshly unveiled by Compile Heart Mary Skelter Finale (PS4, Switch), which ends the series. The anime and manga demon slayer receive two video game implementations: Kimetsu no Yaiba. It refers to Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Hinokami Keppuutan (PS4) and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Keppuu Kengeki Royale (Mobile). Sabotage Studio, the creators of The Messenger, also have their new project Sea of Stars (PC) announced.
Some games have also been released in the past few days. That is part of it One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC), where in addition to the launch trailer there were some character presentations (Link 1, Link 2). Now also available for PlayStation 4 in Europe Granblue Fantasy: Versus (PS4, PC), now further DLC fighters follow. You can now play in German War of the Visions Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (Mobile) and there is another launch trailer for the team fighter Bleeding Edge (Xbox One, PC). For a few days you can The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4, Switch, PC) also play on PCs, the switch porting will follow on June 30th.
It only takes a few days until the new edition of Resident Evil 3 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) appears, the current trailer shows us Jill Valentine. It will also be reissued soon The Wonderful 101 (PS4, Switch, PC), here too we were able to gain new impressions in a video. Out Sakura Wars (PS4) the focus was on the combat system. On July 1st it does SINoALICE (mobile) finally a new trailer arrived in the west and from Japan Everyday Today’s Menu for the Emiya Family (Switch).
The third Season Pass DLC is now for Code Vein (PS4, Xbox One, PC) available and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4, Xbox One, PC) will soon get a new monster. Next week there is for Samurai Shodown (PS4, Switch, Xbox One) in the form of a new fighter and also growth Soulcalibur VI (PS4, Xbox One, PC) will soon receive reinforcements from Samurai Shodown. For the second time, new looks behind the scenes of the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) were granted to us in an “Inside” video and Sega started the celebrations for the 60th company anniversary.
This brings us to the new reviews of the week from JPGAMES. Offers a lot of content Persona 5 Royal (PS4) (to the test report), whereby we were particularly impressed by the innovations compared to the original. Another new edition is the dungeon RPG Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (Switch) (to the test report). You can have fun here too, but the gameplay is repetitive in the long run. The 2.5D Metroidvania offers a solid combat system Dead or School (PS4, Switch, PC) (to the test report), but the numerous weaknesses prevail. The Suicide of Rachel Foster (PC) (to the test report) is a rather short game with few interaction options, which deals with sensitive topics, but unfortunately this is too superficial.
In todays Sunday question let’s look back at the Nintendo Direct Mini. What were your highlights in the new broadcast?