The Chinese regime blocked the entry of two WHO experts who arrived in the country to study the origin of the coronavirus

Members of the WHO team tasked with investigating the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic on a bus as they leave the Wuhan Tianhe International Airport in Wuhan, China, January 14, 2021. REUTERS / Thomas Peter

Two of the experts from the team World Health Organization (WHO) that arrived in China on Thursday to investigate the origins of the coronavirus are locked in Singapore to undergo COVID-19 testing again.

“The international team of 13 scientists in charge of examining the origins of the virus arrived in Wuhan, China, today (…) Two scientists are still in Singapore for tests” virus, the WHO said in a message on Twitter.

The Organization explained that “All team members underwent various tests and antibody tests in their countries of origin.”

Two of the experts were positive for IgM antibodies (immunoglobulins M), a form of antibody that the body makes in reaction to the virus.

Thus, They must be tested again to confirm these antibodies and another class, called IgG (immunoglobulins G).

The WHO team is made up of scientists of different nationalities Images broadcast by the state network CGTN showed today the arrival of team members at Wuhan airport and its reception by personnel clad in white protective suits. The experts They must respect a two-week quarantine upon arrival in the country.

The visit is very delicate for the Chinese regime, who wishes to disassociate themselves from any responsibility in this pandemic, who it has claimed nearly two million lives worldwide. The mission, which was due to arrive last week, was canceled at the last minute because the team had not presented all the necessary authorizations.

The arrival of the team caused controversy after the director general of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said he was “very disappointed” by the obstacles that Beijing was putting on the mission after months of negotiations., although the Chinese authorities denied that they were impeding.

File photo of the Director General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, at a press conference in Geneva.  Jul 3, 2020. Fabrice Coffrini / Pool via REUTERS

File photo of the Director General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, at a press conference in Geneva. Jul 3, 2020. Fabrice Coffrini / Pool via REUTERS

The objective of the mission is to find the origin of the virus and its transmission channels: Despite months of research, it is only known that it is a zoonotic virus, that is, transmitted from animals to man, and that it began to spread through a market in Wuhan.

There are suspicions that bats native to southern China or the pangolin could have participated in its transmission, that it could have passed through more than one species before reaching humans.

According to a Terms of Reference (TOR) report for China that the WHO released on July 31, It is not clear whether the Wuhan market “was the source of the infection, whether it acted as an amplifier for human-to-human transmission or was a combination of these factors.”

The official press of the regime feeds misinformation

Meantime, the official press of the regime has proposed an alternative narrative in recent months according to which the initial outbreak of the pandemic could have been related to imports of frozen food or have arisen earlier in other countries.

In an opinion piece, the state agency Xinhua points out today that “There is more evidence” that covid would have circulated outside of China sooner than previously believed”And points to alleged cases registered throughout 2019 in countries such as Brazil, Italy, Spain and France.

  A worker in protective suit at the closed seafood market in Wuhan, the place where the outbreak is believed to have started, on January 10, 2020. REUTERS / Stringer

A worker in protective suit at the closed seafood market in Wuhan, the place where the outbreak is believed to have started, on January 10, 2020. REUTERS / Stringer

The outlet also indicates that claiming without evidence that the outbreak started in only one country is “Dangerous and counterproductive”, and that the research should be carried out simultaneously in other parts of the world “to gather as much information as possible.”

Although WHO experts already visited China in February and July last year – without revealing too many details -, organizing this mission has been delayed for months and it has been surrounded by secrecy, both from that body and from the Chinese authorities.

Xinhua rushed ad todaydefending the “good will” of the country regarding the trip as “China supports a scientific investigation based on the facts” and criticized “Western politicians, particularly Americans, who have not stopped attacking China with unfounded rumors” about the origin of the coronavirus “under the presumption that China has the blame”.

The arrival of the group of experts occurs on the same day that the Chinese health authorities reported a new death from the covid, the first since the one announced on May 17.

With this new death, The official death toll from covid in mainland China stands at 4,635.

According to the authorities, the death occurred in the northeastern province of Hebei, which surrounds Beijing, and which is the scene of an outbreak that has led to the closure of three cities, including the provincial capital, Shijiazhuang, of 11 million inhabitants.

Likewise, China detected 138 new cases of the coronavirus today, the highest number of new infections since the beginning of March.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

The curious numbers of China: reported the first death by COVID-19 in more than six months

Italy will extend its restrictive measures for the coronavirus pandemic until March 5

The Chinese regime blocked the entry of two WHO experts who arrived in the country to study the origin of the coronavirus

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.